Search

Booking C+ and No Seats Available

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2019, 6:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond; National Car Rental Executive Elite
Booking C+ and No Seats Available

I don't have status.

When the search results were displayed for my desired flights/dates/times, I selected Comfort+ (W Fare) on a Delta ticketed, Delta operated domestic flight.

I completed the flight selection process and went to select my seats. At each flight where I booked a C+ fare, no C+ seats were available. There was a message saying "no seats are available in your class of service. We'll try and accommodate you at time of departure." There are regular main cabin and main cabin preferred seats available (including exit row), but they can not be selected because of my C+ fare.

1. Should I take screen shots of the difference in fares so if I'm not able to get a C+ seat, I can be compensated for the difference between C+ and main cabin?
2. I understand overbooking, but why make the main cabin seats unavailable for selection?
Old Feb 14, 2019, 6:53 am

I know that they hold back a minimum of 2 DL Comfort seats on all flights for airport so check in at exactly T-24 and you should be good.
OHDL1 likes this.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 7:01 am

Programs: DL DM, UA Gold, Alaska MVP, Bonvoy (lol) Ambassador
Originally Posted by sydneyracquelle
I know that they hold back a minimum of 2 DL Comfort seats on all flights for airport so check in at exactly T-24 and you should be good.
I believe this varies depending on plane configuration - and for the planes that do hold it is to help accommodate passengers with disabilities.

Either way, you are correct, they will likely clear OP in via the standby list on day of departure.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 12:04 pm

Originally Posted by ethernal
Either way, you are correct, they will likely clear OP in via the standby list on day of departure.
Technically a seat request list since OP has a confirmed ticket and isn't standby. But they don't separate that list, so it will be on the standby list even though OP isn't standby.
ethernal likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.