Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

“Are you <insert job title> with your company?”

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

“Are you <insert job title> with your company?”

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2019, 8:27 am

Programs: DL Diamond
Originally Posted by LA2CDG
I'm sure there is some research somewhere, I agree with vincentharris, slightly off topic but in the same vein, about two years ago, when I checked into an SPG property in the UAE, they had printed out my LinkedIn profile and printed on a thank you note in the room. I didn't appreciate, I think that goes too far. If you want to thank me, thank me for my loyalty and the level I have achieved. Are they googling every guest? it was weird and a bit unsettling for me. Others might appreciate it.
I can one-up you on that. I checked into a Ritz Carlton in another Middle Eastern country last fall and they had taken a photo of my dogs (presumably from my Instagram account) and printed it out and framed it on the nightstand.

Anyway, I like Delta and don't mind recognition. I had a little "thank you" card sitting on my seat when I boarded today, and other than an FA who I've flown with before greeting me, no other fuss or hullabaloo. But a little gesture is meaningful, IMO.
Old Feb 9, 2019, 9:24 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I hope you like your dogs.

It would be funny if they had printed a picture of a spouse but the guest was traveling with some other boyfriend/girlfriend and/or in the process of getting a divorce.
strickerj likes this.
Old Feb 9, 2019, 8:22 pm

If pax started doing this with FAs and GAs “out there information,” you can guarantee Big Data Personalization efforts would end fairly soon.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.