Search

Broken LAVS Leaking

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2019, 9:13 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum, etc etc etc
Broken LAVS Leaking

Siting in the bulkhead right now and currently the carpet on the floor at my feet is SOAKED.

The sad part is this is not the first time it’s happened to me in the last 12 months on a DL flight....

just curious if im unlucky or if this is a problem for others too?
Old Feb 5, 2019, 9:57 am

Programs: DL PM 0.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold, Avis PC, National EE, Hertz PC
What type of aircraft?
Old Feb 5, 2019, 10:16 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by kxc262
What type of aircraft?
757, MD88, and MD90

the reoccurring theme I guess would be old planes
Old Feb 5, 2019, 11:02 am

Programs: DL 2 MM Unobtainum | UA 1.1MM Gold | MR Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by vincentharris

757, MD88, and MD90

Are you sure it's not coming from the Galley? I've seen condensation/water come out from the carts in the Galley and go all the way to the bulkhead row.
davetravels likes this.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 11:11 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Intl359Widget
Are you sure it's not coming from the Galley? I've seen condensation/water come out from the carts in the Galley and go all the way to the bulkhead row.
Nope its the lav, i am 100% certain.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 11:15 am

Programs: Delta PM, 1MM
Originally Posted by Intl359Widget
I once had coffee leak through a galley wall to the area in front of my bulkhead seat. Initially I wasn’t sure of the source of the dampness and was most relieved to learn it was just coffee!
Old Feb 5, 2019, 11:27 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CarmenOM

I once had coffee leak through a galley wall to the area in front of my bulkhead seat. Initially I wasn’t sure of the source of the dampness and was most relieved to learn it was just coffee!
I would love if it was coffee

Two times ago I had DL buy me a new pair of shoes, by the time I figured out what the source was and it had leaked in my shoes they were ruined and smelled terrible. (luckily i had an extra pair)
Old Feb 5, 2019, 11:50 am

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
Siting in the bulkhead right now and currently the carpet on the floor at my feet is SOAKED.

The sad part is this is not the first time it’s happened to me in the last 12 months on a DL flight....

just curious if im unlucky or if this is a problem for others too?
Sounds like you are very lucky that you are in a bulkhead seat and don't have any underseat items!
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 12:33 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DiverDave
Sounds like you are very lucky that you are in a bulkhead seat and don't have any underseat items!
could not agree more
Old Feb 5, 2019, 4:58 pm

It’s never happened to me, but broken leaking labs are flat out disgusting.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 6:14 pm

Just changed some of my upcoming md flights from 1a to 1d.....

Thanks

757, MD88, and MD90

Old Feb 5, 2019, 7:36 pm

Nope its the lav, i am 100% certain.
How exactly?
Old Feb 5, 2019, 11:19 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
This reminds me of a time when I took a colleague to the airport for a US flight (before the merger with AA) and since I happened to have printed a boarding pass for my own flight on DL the following day (in less than 24 hours), I could go airside and guest him into the SC. His flight had a MX delay, so I walked with him to the gate and promised that I wouldn't abandon him until the flight actually left (IIRC there was some special event or weather issue and I didn't want to risk him being stranded overnight sleeping in the terminal at MSP). US was announcing that the MX problem was an overflowing FC lavatory. We waited a while as they tried to fix the problem, and then suddenly the US GA announced that because they couldn't fix the problem quickly, they were going to board and leave anyway (and would passengers please use the restrooms in the terminal before departure if needed). I walked toward the podium as my colleague went to board (as a US elite he was in FC) and I could smell the overflowing lavatory the whole way down the jetway into the terminal/gatehouse. I was shocked, but this reinforced my decision from long ago to avoid US if at all possible. I cannot imagine how miserable it would have been to smell that raw sewage from a FC lavatory in a FC seat for several hours.
Old Feb 6, 2019, 7:02 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Dawgfan6291
How exactly?
I know the difference in smell between coffee/water/and what comes out of lavs
Old Feb 6, 2019, 7:03 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
This reminds me of a time when I took a colleague to the airport for a US flight (before the merger with AA) and since I happened to have printed a boarding pass for my own flight on DL the following day (in less than 24 hours), I could go airside and guest him into the SC. His flight had a MX delay, so I walked with him to the gate and promised that I wouldn't abandon him until the flight actually left (IIRC there was some special event or weather issue and I didn't want to risk him being stranded overnight sleeping in the terminal at MSP). US was announcing that the MX problem was an overflowing FC lavatory. We waited a while as they tried to fix the problem, and then suddenly the US GA announced that because they couldn't fix the problem quickly, they were going to board and leave anyway (and would passengers please use the restrooms in the terminal before departure if needed). I walked toward the podium as my colleague went to board (as a US elite he was in FC) and I could smell the overflowing lavatory the whole way down the jetway into the terminal/gatehouse. I was shocked, but this reinforced my decision from long ago to avoid US if at all possible. I cannot imagine how miserable it would have been to smell that raw sewage from a FC lavatory in a FC seat for several hours.
Luckily only 1 of the 3 times has the smell even been remotely that bad (and nowhere near that bad)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.