Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

No more pre departure security questions at AMS for US bound flights

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

No more pre departure security questions at AMS for US bound flights

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2019, 12:42 am

Programs: DL DM
Not AMS related, but the questions were still present at ICN recently. No questions were asked by KE staff during check-in at BKK, but before allowed into the transit security area at ICN passengers were being asked whether or not they had completed the "interview" and received a passport sticker.

My experience is the questions in Asia are pretty much the same and straightforward.

My last trip to LHR I really felt like I was in the hot seat. Asked several prying questions about my job, employer, experience, etc. Glad to see they too may be going away.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 1:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I view those "enhanced" security procedures for US bound flights as job creation programs. With economy humming and low unemployment, there is no need for it anymore.
Spiff likes this.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 3:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Originally Posted by TerryK
I view those "enhanced" security procedures for US bound flights as job creation programs. With economy humming and low unemployment, there is no need for it anymore.
the people doing them are locals not Americans sent there by their employer (unlike actual CBP agents at Pre clearance stations)

but i agree these questions were just just a waste of time.
Spiff likes this.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 3:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
I always have thought these questions were absurd. I mean it doesn't take a genius to realize what the correct answers are.
Spiff and AANYC1981 like this.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 10:10 am

Programs: DL Plat, Marriott Gold
Flew AMS-Asia a couple weeks back and noticed that the E1/D1 former DL security area had been totally cleared out. Glad this stupidity seems to have come to an end. With that said, when going through security I was asked whether I was travelling to the US or not... so it's possible there's some sort of special security line for US-bound passengers?

Never understood the point of the questions and the DL-only security check. As mentioned above KL had no similar check. And in any event once through security all pax and luggage can mix together.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 10:31 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by rwSEA
Flew AMS-Asia a couple weeks back and noticed that the E1/D1 former DL security area had been totally cleared out. Glad this stupidity seems to have come to an end. With that said, when going through security I was asked whether I was travelling to the US or not... so it's possible there's some sort of special security line for US-bound passengers?

Never understood the point of the questions and the DL-only security check. As mentioned above KL had no similar check. And in any event once through security all pax and luggage can mix together.
In the priority security area (up the escalator from KLM SkyPriority check-in), there was a separate line for pax on flights to the US. I couldn't figure out why, though - didn't seem the procedures were any different than any other security line I've been in.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 10:34 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by krazykanuck
I always have thought these questions were absurd. I mean it doesn't take a genius to realize what the correct answers are.
I used to lie about my occupation. I've said everything from adult entertainment actor to I'm rich and don't work.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 10:51 am

Programs: DL Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Cory6188
In the priority security area (up the escalator from KLM SkyPriority check-in), there was a separate line for pax on flights to the US. I couldn't figure out why, though - didn't seem the procedures were any different than any other security line I've been in.
That's where it was. I was flying AMS-Asia but have a US passport. I got the sense there was a different line for US pax.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.