Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

1,000 bonus miles per new partner (Feb 2019)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

1,000 bonus miles per new partner (Feb 2019)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2019, 8:04 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by CPMaverick
I didn't receive the email but tried registering, it says I was successful.

Since I am an overseas address, I'm surprised it showed some success. I will see if I can test it out.
Hopefully it works!
Old Feb 4, 2019, 10:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA:EXP/1MM. Accor/Radisson:Silver; HH:Gold; ICH:Plt Amb.
Originally Posted by JBJ2435
My offer said it is targeted and only valid if you received the email. Also, only good if you earn said miles on new partners through 2/28/19. I might be able to get one or two bonuses in that small window as I’ve already earned with shopping, dining, and several hotels last year. Yeah, not very useful...
I did not receive the email. However, when I was logged into my account, it was listed in the "offers" section. So I registered via the link, and it was then listed as an active promo for me. However, when I read the T&Cs, it states that "converting partner currency into miles" does not qualify. Does anyone know if that means transferring hotel points into miles does not count? Because with the same promo from back in 2017, those transfers did count.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 10:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
I am registered with SkyMiles partners. I just got it.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 1:01 pm

Wonder if transferring 1000 Marriott or IHG hotel points to Delta would trigger the bonus?
Old Feb 5, 2019, 1:51 pm

Originally Posted by maxp0wers
Wonder if transferring 1000 Marriott or IHG hotel points to Delta would trigger the bonus?
Maybe but the terms read, "In addition, some types of transactions from Participating Partners are excluded including and not limited to: miles earned from bonuses, events, transfer of partner currency to miles, Hotel Vacation Club transactions, Partner voucher credits, other mileage earning not expressly described as eligible for earning miles with Delta."

I didn't do it in the last promotion for this reason. Maybe someone else tried though.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 7:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
I got promotion. I have 1,000 SkyMiles.
MarkP24 likes this.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 8:19 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by N830MH
I got promotion. I have 1,000 SkyMiles.
Good deal!
N830MH likes this.
Old Feb 7, 2019, 12:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA:EXP/1MM. Accor/Radisson:Silver; HH:Gold; ICH:Plt Amb.
Originally Posted by rrgg
Maybe but the terms read, "In addition, some types of transactions from Participating Partners are excluded including and not limited to: miles earned from bonuses, events, transfer of partner currency to miles, Hotel Vacation Club transactions, Partner voucher credits, other mileage earning not expressly described as eligible for earning miles with Delta."

I didn't do it in the last promotion for this reason. Maybe someone else tried though.
Same thing here. I sat out the one last year because of the same wording. I did transfer points to miles with the promo in 2017, and received the 1K bonuses. I don't remember if the wording for that one was the same as last year's or this one, though.
Old Feb 7, 2019, 5:55 pm

Programs: DL Plat (won't hit DM again) 2MM (2.5), HH Gold, PC Gold, Hyatt Plat
Got the bonus for my Lyft ride home from the airport last night. 1,042 total miles.
Surprised me because I used Lyft to the airport two weeks ago and earned 42 miles
Old Feb 9, 2019, 10:28 am

Originally Posted by mot29
Got the bonus for my Lyft ride home from the airport last night. 1,042 total miles.
Surprised me because I used Lyft to the airport two weeks ago and earned 42 miles
Similar situation here. Got 1,000 bonus miles for Lyft and 1,000 for Skymilesshopping, even though I'd used both late last year.
Old Feb 10, 2019, 4:55 am

Programs: UA 1K; *G and *A Top 1000; HHonors Diamond; *$ Gold; Global Entry
Are these 1000 bonus miles supposed to post instantly? I used Skymiles Shopping for the first time ever and the 1000 miles didn’t post for me. I reached out to Delta on Twitter and was told it could take eight weeks.
Old Feb 10, 2019, 5:30 am

Programs: DL Plat (won't hit DM again) 2MM (2.5), HH Gold, PC Gold, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by sannmann
Are these 1000 bonus miles supposed to post instantly? I used Skymiles Shopping for the first time ever and the 1000 miles didn’t post for me. I reached out to Delta on Twitter and was told it could take eight weeks.
Lyft bonus posted at same time as base miles, day after a late night ride.
Old Feb 10, 2019, 6:01 am

In the last promo it took at least a month. The terms state, Please allow up to 60 days after the qualifying transaction for bonus miles to be added in your account.

Old Feb 10, 2019, 7:03 am

Programs: UA 1K; *G and *A Top 1000; HHonors Diamond; *$ Gold; Global Entry
Originally Posted by rrgg

In the last promo it took at least a month. The terms state, Please allow up to 60 days after the qualifying transaction for bonus miles to be added in your account.

Got it. Just confused about why some Flyertalkers are getting these points instantly, yet I didn’t.
Old Feb 10, 2019, 8:44 am

Got it. Just confused about why some Flyertalkers are getting these points instantly, yet I didn’t.
Lyft seems to come through within a day or so. Skymilesshopping always seems to take 4 or more days, sometimes up to 2 weeks for me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.