Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Medallion status expiring - what happens to my seat?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2019, 10:45 pm
Original Poster

Alas, while I have enjoyed Silver Medallion Status in 2018, I was unable to reach that status for the current year, and thus, I am due to lose medallion status after January 31.

One of the nice perks of reaching Medallion status has been the ability to claim the so-called 'preferred' seats when making my reservation. This has allowed me to claim a window seat closer to the front of the plane.

I just booked a flight for May, and since I am still technically a Medallion member through the 31st of January, I selected a preferred seat. So my question is... what happens on February 1 when my medallion status expires. Will I remain in the seats I chose, or do I get bumped back to some non-preferred seating at that time.

I know I could just wait until February to find out, but I was just curious what will happen to the preffered seats I chose as a Medallion member, since I wont be one in May when the flight takes place.
Old Jan 31, 2019, 12:05 am

Programs: Delta Diamond; Marriott Gold Elite
You keep your seats.

Last time I took a Plat to FO nose dive I went crazy in January booking all of the flights I knew I was going to take to reap those sweet Comfort+ bennies.
Old Jan 31, 2019, 5:32 am

Programs: DL DM
You will keep your seat UNLESS, there is a schedule change that causes a flight number change or equipment change (or possibly some other reason).
You will then be seated in a seat in the non-preferred area of the aircraft. Not really anything you can do about it.
Gig103 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.