Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Penalty For Using Wrong Lav

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24, 2019, 5:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes. (Answering the question in the thread title.)
Markie and Mauibaby2008 like this.
Old Feb 24, 2019, 5:49 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
142 recent thoughts on this topic: Penalty For Using Wrong Lav
Old Feb 24, 2019, 5:55 pm

Yes I do
Mauibaby2008 likes this.
Old Feb 24, 2019, 6:02 pm

Short answer is yes. Part of what I pay a premium for is less density of people and less people sharing the resources. The lav(s) in FC should be shared by the dozen or two FC passengers. if the airlines drive down the value of the FC ticket less people will buy them so they have motivation for that not to happen.
Old Feb 24, 2019, 6:12 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Yes. It's never about one extra person. But, once one extra person uses it, others follow and then what is supposed to be a quiet and a bit more spacious cabin becomes a bus stop.
jaimemayo and bonoman like this.
Old Feb 24, 2019, 6:23 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Delta Reserve, Amex Plat, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold ;)
I’ll say yes as well. The constant foot traffic to the front, interfering with the FA serving the F cabin, people who don’t understand when the drink cart is blocking the aisle it’s a safety precaution because the pilot is in the lab, these are all reasons.
Old Feb 24, 2019, 6:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Yes provided you have a clear shot to the rear lav. If they are doing drink service it's legitimate -- especially in row 10(4) since it can be a long wait on a full flight to get to the rear lavs.

One of many reasons I appreciate the mid-cabin lavs on A321s and 757s when flying Y
Schuhfly likes this.
Old Feb 24, 2019, 6:32 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA Gold, Alaska MVP, Bonvoy (lol) Ambassador
Originally Posted by Duke787
Yes provided you have a clear shot to the rear lav. If they are doing drink service it's legitimate -- especially in row 10(4) since it can be a long wait on a full flight to get to the rear lavs.

One of many reasons I appreciate the mid-cabin lavs on A321s and 757s when flying Y
This. I don't fault people for using the F cabins on a 739. Drink service takes 45 minutes on those flights - and on longer flights they do two of them.

I never really go to the bathroom on domestic flights so it doesn't impact me, but I understand for others.
Old Feb 24, 2019, 6:43 pm

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.
I care; the 1:16 ratio (instead of 1:75) is part of the experience, which includes not having foot traffic. Good for the FA.
Old Feb 24, 2019, 7:00 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, HHonrs Diamond
Echo some others....

IF you are in C+ and...
1. No mid-cabin lav on your aircraft, AND
2. Front lav is vacant with nobody standing up heading to use it.

... then go for it.

But if you need the steps on your FitBit, the 739 trek from C+ to rear lavs will get you done.
Old Feb 24, 2019, 7:00 pm

Programs: United-1K, Marriott-Titanium Ambassador, Hyatt-Globalist
Originally Posted by ethernal
This. I don't fault people for using the F cabins on a 739. Drink service takes 45 minutes on those flights - and on longer flights they do two of them.

I never really go to the bathroom on domestic flights so it doesn't impact me, but I understand for others.
Usually I try not to use the restroom as well unless it's coast to coast. Mainly because I hate how small they are. I can usually just hold it. I just needed to go this time, you know?

Also for everyone else, they were still doing drink service in the back when I stood up to use the restroom. I don't stand around next to people unless I'm boarding. That's frequent flyer 101
Old Feb 24, 2019, 7:13 pm

I don’t love it, but I don’t think I’ve ever said anything to anyone about it.
Old Feb 24, 2019, 7:15 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
I don't think a coach (C+ as well) passenger should use the F lav unless there are extenuating circumstances such as a long line in the back of the plane
Old Feb 24, 2019, 7:28 pm

Programs: Delta, United
If I am in C- or so and I need to visit the lav and the line in the back of the bus is long or they are still doing beverage service I will use the FC lav. But I will wait at the FC divider until the lav is open, further I wait until the FC PAX is back at their seat so to be assured that no other FC PAX is headed there.

As for being in FC and having others using the forward lav. It really does not bother me that much as long PAX do not hang out by my seat. Actually, that goes regardless of where I am sitting.
Seabilly and FBplatinum like this.
Old Feb 24, 2019, 7:37 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, DL Plat (but not for long)
I'm glad a lot of people are being honest. Yes, it does kind of bother me. Especially if they're standing next to my seat while waiting or causing me to have to wait a long time. On a recent flight I waited for at least five coach passengers to use the restroom before I could get in on a paid first class ticket. And, I've never used the first class restroom when flying in coach so I practice what I preach.

That being said, I have never complained about it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.