Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Leaving with 6 empty seats in F

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2019, 9:26 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Report this to DL either way.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 11:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Gold
Plane is A321. We left with 120 pax out of 192 possible. Lots of empty seats. Crew was surprised F was not upgraded after boarding. We left early. Had time.
wxman22 likes this.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 11:48 pm

Programs: AA CK MM, AC SE100K, BA Gold, UA 1K, DL Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
So, the only upgrade went to someone named D. Bag?
ijgordon, campy, jiburi and 17 others like this.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 6:49 am
Formerly known as scootr29

Originally Posted by estedman
Just another lazy bum GA in Atlanta. If I was on that list holy hell would be raised.
Yep I would be taking pics of first class empty seats and light up Delta Twitter and the PM line....
Old Jan 24, 2019, 7:06 am

Programs: SkyMiles 2018 PM, 2019 PM, 2020 PM, 2021 PM, 2022 PM, 2023 PM...
Originally Posted by metallo
Good eye!

That is a bummer on the missing UGs.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 7:44 am

Programs: DL DM
When my flight a few days back left with two empty C+ seats and people on the list (with ample time to process them), I complained to DL on Twitter. The next day I got a phone call from the local Station Manager that they were going to look into what happened with the GAs. So, definitely let DL know, as they do seem to care when that happens.
hi55us, btonkid12345 and wxman22 like this.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 7:58 am

If I was top of that UG list when the door closed I'd have moved on up to FC and shown the FA if they asked. Tell them the GA told you to move if not filled or something.
btonkid12345 likes this.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 8:17 am
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by JTE458
If I was top of that UG list when the door closed I'd have moved on up to FC and shown the FA if they asked. Tell them the GA told you to move if not filled or something.
Good luck with THAT!!!
kthomas likes this.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 8:37 am

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
Originally Posted by Eddie98
Not enough people in the UG list?
Out of ATL?
Old Jan 24, 2019, 8:40 am

Programs: DL, UA
Originally Posted by MikeNYC1
When my flight a few days back left with two empty C+ seats and people on the list (with ample time to process them), I complained to DL on Twitter. The next day I got a phone call from the local Station Manager that they were going to look into what happened with the GAs. So, definitely let DL know, as they do seem to care when that happens.
Were they 2 middle seats? Personally if that was the case, I don't see that as nearly as much of a problem as sending F seats out empty. Many folks prefer to keep aisles or windows in the main cabin as opposed to middles in comfort and quite frankly, I can't blame a gate agent for not calling up everybody on the C+ list to see if they want a middle seat.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 8:44 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by metallo
I noticed that and filled it in as BAGDad.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 8:46 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by WidgetKid
Were they 2 middle seats? Personally if that was the case, I don't see that as nearly as much of a problem as sending F seats out empty. Many folks prefer to keep aisles or windows in the main cabin as opposed to middles in comfort and quite frankly, I can't blame a gate agent for not calling up everybody on the C+ list to see if they want a middle seat.
I agree, but I do blame the GA as even C+ "upgrades" are a published elite benefit, so the GA should have asked people on the list whether they wanted those C+ seats or not.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 9:04 am

Programs: DL(PM), UA(Silver), AA(EXP) Marriott(Ti), HH(Gold), Hertz(PC)
Originally Posted by JTE458
I don't think that would go well at all, and the most likely scenario is that the FA tells you to go back to your seat in the main cabin.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 9:10 am
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I agree, but I do blame the GA as even C+ "upgrades" are a published elite benefit, so the GA should have asked people on the list whether they wanted those C+ seats or not.
I agree - - in THEORY, but, does a GA actually have them time at the last minute to call up every Medallion on the UG list to inquire whether or not they want a C+ middle seat - - then, call up MORE Medallions for those who decline???

Last edited by davetravels; Jan 24, 2019 at 9:18 am
Old Jan 24, 2019, 9:12 am

Originally Posted by davetravels
I agree - - in THEORY, but, does a GA actually have them time to call up every Medallion on the UG list to inquire whether or not they want a C+ middle seat - - then, call up MORE Medallions for those who decline???
In theory, isn't someone now able to indicate whether they want to request the "upgrade" to a middle C+ seat or not?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.