Wiki Posts
Search

Leaving with 6 empty seats in F

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2019, 7:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Gold
Leaving with 6 empty seats in F

Leaving now ATL to SAN on DL1256 with 6 empty seats -out of 20 - in First. Glad I paid for F!!!!
Old Jan 23, 2019, 7:17 pm

Programs: HH-Diamond, IHG-Plat, DL-DM, PnF Plat, Kroger +
Not enough people in the UG list?
Old Jan 23, 2019, 7:26 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
THAT - - is an absolute disgrace!!!

Originally Posted by Eddie98
Not enough people in the UG list?
I think it's extremely unlikely that, a cross country flight out of ATL, home of the mothership, doesn't have SOMEONE all the way down the food chain to upgrade on a flight to San Diego!

EDITED TO ADD . . . . .

***NOT TO MENTION - - before the Medallion ranks deflate on February 1!!!

Last edited by davetravels; Jan 23, 2019 at 7:52 pm
Old Jan 23, 2019, 7:33 pm

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Spire
Wow. This is how it should be, at least until right up before the flight anyway, don't really understand not upgrading ANYONE. No more issues buying last minute F!
Spanish likes this.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 8:15 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, HHonrs Diamond
Hard to believe all 6 of those seats were sold, checked in, and all declared no-shows by the time everyone had already boarded.

Hard to believe that nobody on the top 6 of that upgrade list visited the gate agents and simply asked for their upgrade to be processed... and those who did got denied.

Only excuse for the GA's: they were so confused with the new boarding levels that they forgot to process any upgrades.

Last edited by FlyBitcoin; Jan 23, 2019 at 8:23 pm
Old Jan 23, 2019, 8:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by davetravels
THAT - - is an absolute disgrace!!!...
dave dave dave dave dave ... guess what you forgot! GUESS WHAT YOU FORGOT!
davetravels likes this.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 8:21 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by jrl767
dave dave dave dave dave ... guess what you forgot! GUESS WHAT YOU FORGOT!
Why keep me in suspense?
Old Jan 23, 2019, 8:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
your signature exclamation of surprise (real or feigned)
Old Jan 23, 2019, 8:41 pm
Original Poster

I didn’t Check the upgrade status board before leaving. I was certain the seats would fill at the last second. Never did. Flight is light everywhere. Most people seem to have open middles in coach. Maybe people missed connections due to weather in the North East?
Old Jan 23, 2019, 8:49 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL DM, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Readynow
I didn’t Check the upgrade status board before leaving. I was certain the seats would fill at the last second. Never did. Flight is light everywhere. Most people seem to have open middles in coach. Maybe people missed connections due to weather in the North East?
You should still be able to see the upgrade list in the app.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 8:58 pm
Original Poster

Here is the list from the app. The first page is listed second. We left with 6 empty. In F.

Old Jan 23, 2019, 9:12 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, HHonrs Diamond
One would think that more people would be routed through ATL to SAN because of weather in the Northeast, but both DTW-SAN flights ran yesterday and today.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 9:12 pm

Programs: DL PM 2 Mil Miler, HZ PC, Marriott LT TI, AMB, Hilton Diamond
Just another lazy bum GA in Atlanta. If I was on that list holy hell would be raised.
kthomas, diburning, hi55us and 2 others like this.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 9:14 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
The flight departed 6 minutes early for anyone about to claim the GA's number 1 goal is to depart on time (16 on the UG list per the post above).
Just another poor and lazy performance from an ATL GA.

https://uk.flightaware.com/live/flight/DAL1256
Old Jan 23, 2019, 9:16 pm

Programs: Delta SkyMiles KM, Sky Club/Priority Pass, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by Readynow
Yep, odds are this is what it was. ATL's had 3 ground stops tonight (2 weather/1 security) which in turn caused significant misconnects. If the GA waits until the last minute to drop seats for connecting pax in hopes they may make it (many ATL agents wait until D12 to drop seats), has to have the boarding door closed by D10, and flight closed out in the computer by D6, there isn't a lot of wiggle room to move 6 people up to FC. It's a completely different situation on a non-IROP day vs. an IROP night like tonight (first ATL thunderstorm groundstop in weeks) when there's added pressure to get out on time.

Edit: not trying to make excuses or anything, just trying to give an idea of the pressures a GA is under within these last few minutes of crunch time, particularly on an IROP night.
wxman22 likes this.

Last edited by Fly_Delta_Jets; Jan 23, 2019 at 9:28 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.