Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Delta Milestone splash page

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2019, 9:41 pm

Programs: DL PM, Honors Gold, Marriott Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by acrophobia
My stats are waaayyyyy off in the email they sent. Not that I care much.

The most glaring error is the claim that 100% of my flights were for business last year. Nope - personal trips to Mexico City, Seoul, Rome, Buenos Aires, Portland, OR x2, Los Angeles, San Francisco, and Boston.
same. "thank you for being platinum. your 43k miles took you here and here." I had a good chunk of rollover, but not THAT much
Old Jan 22, 2019, 9:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
The #SkyGrammer is a bit much (saying this as a millennial who very much embraces Instagram) but respect to the 11 million miler.

My stats are also a bit off but the concept is still quite cool
Old Jan 22, 2019, 9:49 pm

You know who I don't see on there...the legendary guy who made his own "Diamond Medallion" hat.
pvn likes this.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 10:39 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by rucksack
My point was that it's remarkable that someone who lives in Champaign, IL would choose to be so loyal to Delta. American is currently the only carrier that serves the regional airport (CMI) and Delta hasn't served that airport since 2010. That leaves flying out of Bloomington (BMI – a regional about an hour drive from Champaign) or flying out of Chicago (about a 2.5 hour drive). Either way, that would still require connecting to a hub to get anywhere.

Presumably he was loyal to Delta / PMNW throughout his career before they left CMI and wanted to stay loyal, but I still think it's remarkable that someone would continue to be so loyal given the changed circumstances.
I think it's better to fly from IND. It has pretty decent DL service and isn't a bad drive from UIUC. IIRC there's a SC but it might be landside, before TSA airport security. Last summer there was even a nonstop from CDG.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 11:48 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, DL FO, Marriott Gold, Hertz 5 Whatevers
Have to say - it's nice gesture for Delta to also give recognition to their employees on this page.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 12:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
I guess covering the KM’s would violate top secret rules.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 3:21 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I suspect that there is at least one person on FT who earned MM status before age 24.

I'm also curious how many active DL FF accounts there are from 1981 and how many of them are elites.

Does anyone know the USN&WR's 30 hot travel spots? It seems strange that the "winner" only visited 7 of them. Maybe a lot are places not served by DL.

My email's "distance flown" seems to have been the actual distance (maybe with the 500 mile minimum per segment) flown during the entire calendar year, not including class of service bonuses, so it's clearly not MQMs earned from flying. All of my partner travel was award tickets, so I don't know whether DL counts partner miles here or not.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 3:39 am

Programs: Delta DM 2 Million Miler, Hilton DM, Priority Club Platinum
New Delta Milestone splash page

This was my milestone email
Old Jan 23, 2019, 4:26 am

Originally Posted by anbhc
This was my milestone email
How far did you travel (approximately) to be in the top 1%?
Old Jan 23, 2019, 6:58 am
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
Originally Posted by jboylan
It says earned, so they are talking skymiles, not MQMs
I doubt his MQM total is too different since it's only recently that the two have diverged (combined with the fact that he's apparently slowed down his travel). Seems very unlikely that his lifetime MQM isn't over 2M.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 7:06 am

Programs: DL DM, UA Gold, Alaska MVP, Bonvoy (lol) Ambassador
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
How far did you travel (approximately) to be in the top 1%?
Well, if the Delta milestones page is believed, you didn't have to fly very much to be the top 1% in SJC. The "top miler" in SJC was said to only have 208K miles.

I honestly believe these numbers are just wrong - they seem way too low to me. The top miler in SJC is 208K? The top miler in RDU is only 270K? That's incredibly low (esp for RDU which is basically a mini-hub). Delta says I flew 244K miles on my page (which sounds about right if you look at my MQM, adjust for bonuses, and include my award tix which included EZE and PVG this year, among some other short hauls) and I don't consider myself an ultra-miler - I am mostly mid-con (ATL->West Coast) domestic traveler - a travel pattern that is pretty common.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 7:11 am
pvn
Suspended

It's also not clear if they're talking about MQM or actual butt-in-seat miles. I'm sure most of the top MQM earners have a huge difference between the actual mileage they flew and the MQM they earned.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 7:11 am
pvn
Suspended

Also, I would assume this is DL metal only or 006 stock only (or possibly both).
Old Jan 23, 2019, 7:22 am

Programs: DL DM, UA Gold, Alaska MVP, Bonvoy (lol) Ambassador
Originally Posted by pvn
It's also not clear if they're talking about MQM or actual butt-in-seat miles. I'm sure most of the top MQM earners have a huge difference between the actual mileage they flew and the MQM they earned.
Seems to me this is BIS - if I do MQM earned in 2018 + Award Tix I end up over their mileage by about 17K miles, but a back-of-the-envelope estimate tells me that this 17K mile overage is from MQM bonuses on B/Y/paid F fares.

All my Delta-credited flying was on Delta metal / 006 ticket stock so no confounding variables there.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 8:41 am

Programs: Delta DM 2 Million Miler, Hilton DM, Priority Club Platinum
How far did you travel (approximately) to be in the top 1% of SJC travellers? 192,732 miles

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.