Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Voucher Question

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2019, 3:15 pm
Original Poster

Voucher Question

Can a voucher be used on a FCM upgrade, or can they be used on new reservations only?

Delta offered me either 2,500 miles or a $75 voucher. Doing the math, the voucher is obviously worth more. But depends on what I can use it on.

Thank you!
Old Jan 10, 2019, 4:48 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
While I agree this would be useful to know in the abstract (and unfortunately I don't know the answer), I can't envision a scenario in which my future plans involve using miles so much more disproportionally to paid tickets, that I'd be willing to turn down 3cpm.
Old Jan 10, 2019, 4:58 pm

Originally Posted by MLayton
Can a voucher be used on a FCM upgrade, or can they be used on new reservations only?

Delta offered me either 2,500 miles or a $75 voucher. Doing the math, the voucher is obviously worth more. But depends on what I can use it on.

Thank you!
Last I heard...vouchers are for tickets only.
Old Jan 10, 2019, 5:04 pm

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
DL is very strict on this: you can only pay with credit card on post-purchase transactions (seat upgrades, etc). You can't use e-credits or any other type of credit for these charges.

However, if you select a FCM offer during the booking process, you should be able to use the $75, or even better, just buy a first class ticket and enjoy $75 off that ticket.
MarkP24 likes this.
Old Jan 11, 2019, 1:13 am

Programs: UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by jdrtravel
DL is very strict on this: you can only pay with credit card on post-purchase transactions (seat upgrades, etc). You can't use e-credits or any other type of credit for these charges.

However, if you select a FCM offer during the booking process, you should be able to use the $75, or even better, just buy a first class ticket and enjoy $75 off that ticket.
Yup. I'd definitely take the $75

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.