Wiki Posts
Search

Dl mqd on mu and ke

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2019, 1:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM
Dl mqd on mu and ke

I am flying to DPS and am looking at a. business class itinerary on MU, and another on KE, When I fly business class, I take a 40% multiple of the total distance traveled to determine the MQD contribution to Skymiles?
Old Jan 6, 2019, 1:47 pm

Programs: DL PM, AA PPro, Bonvoy Plat, Hertz Prez Circle, National Exec, HH Gold, IHG Gold
From what I can tell, your assessment appears to be correct. According to Delta.com in regards to China Eastern (MU) and Korean Airlines (KE):

(3) Medallion Qualification Dollars (MQDs) apply to Medallion qualification. Flights marketed by the partner will earn MQDs based on a percentage of distance flown* as determined by the fare class paid.

*For purposes of calculating mileage credit and MQDs, "distance flown" means the calculated distance between origin and destination, as determined by Delta in its sole discretion, regardless of the actual distance traveled on any individual flight.
https://www.delta.com/content/www/en...-partners.html

I couldn't find the percentages on Delta.com, but as you mentioned, TPG is indicating that it's usually 40% for business class fares:

https://thepointsguy.com/guide/earn-...tner-airlines/
Old Jan 6, 2019, 2:06 pm
Suspended

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
Originally Posted by Aviacentre
From what I can tell, your assessment appears to be correct. According to Delta.com in regards to China Eastern (MU) and Korean Airlines (KE):

https://www.delta.com/content/www/en...-partners.html
/

Old Jan 6, 2019, 2:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM
Thanks for the replies. So, while a negligible difference, based on that wording, it will be based on distance between ORD and DPS, not ORD-ICN-DPS OR ORD-PVG-DPS?
Old Jan 6, 2019, 2:53 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
It should be based on ORD-ICN-DPS or ORD-PVG-DPS assuming that you don't have direct flights (same flight number for multiple segments rather than a connection with a change of flight number in ICN or PVG).
mot29 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.