Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

How do most SkyClub visitors get access?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How do most SkyClub visitors get access?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4, 2019, 5:07 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA Gold, Alaska MVP, Bonvoy (lol) Ambassador
Originally Posted by flyerCO
The problem in not fighting it, those agents are now reinforced in the idea they were correct. (When of course they weren't)
I went to read the T&Cs to say you were wrong, but I guess you're right, it's highly ambiguous. It just says "same day boarding pass".

Does Delta allow access upon arrival (which is the closest analog to this that I can think of)? I guess I've never actually tried to go to a club upon arrival.

I'm not surprised at all he couldn't get in. Intuitively you need a boarding pass with a departure from that airport to get in. His departure on Delta was from MEM, not ATL.
Old Oct 4, 2019, 5:19 pm

Yet one month ago my wife and I both used SEA-ANC same day boarding passes to get into Sky Clubs in ATL and DEN (a few posts up), with those boarding passes being scanned by the scanner and allowed in. Heck, we even got into SEA...breakfast at ATL, lunch at DEN, dinner at SEA
Old Oct 5, 2019, 9:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by ethernal
Does Delta allow access upon arrival (which is the closest analog to this that I can think of)? I guess I've never actually tried to go to a club upon arrival.
I use SC upon arrival all the time. Never questioned. The biggest wrinkle is about half the time the agent confirms "you've just arrived from xyz, right?", I assume because they want to make sure they aren't missing something by not giving me the usual gate/departure info.
Old Oct 5, 2019, 9:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ethernal
I went to read the T&Cs to say you were wrong, but I guess you're right, it's highly ambiguous. It just says "same day boarding pass".

I'm not surprised at all he couldn't get in. Intuitively you need a boarding pass with a departure from that airport to get in. His departure on Delta was from MEM, not ATL.
The only place in the access rules where they specifically mention no arrival access is for Skyteam Elite Plus pax on international flights. For other forms of access, they don't say anything other than same-day flight required.
Old Oct 6, 2019, 2:08 am

Originally Posted by gooselee
I use SC upon arrival all the time. Never questioned.
Same here

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.