Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Awesome 2MM experience!!

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2019, 3:03 pm

Programs: DL DM Charter/2.5MM, AA EXP, Marriott AMB, LT Titanium, HH Diamond, Avis PP, National Exec-E
Originally Posted by Mileage Lover
From various posts, it seems it has to be pointed out to someone at Delta. I should hit my 2M this fall but don't plan to "advertise it." Annual gold status, here I come!
As I was saying they should be a BIG DEAL and it shouldn't require any self-promotion. The System knows who is close to hitting a MM Milestone, it really wouldn't be that difficult to track.
Old Jan 29, 2019, 6:45 pm

Programs: Diamond Medallion, Delta Million Miler, Hyatt Globalist
I'm going to hit million miler in the next few trips. Probably late feb or early march. Not sure what to expect and I'm cautious about the MM gift. I hear the luggage is a good option though!
Old Jan 29, 2019, 10:55 pm

Location: formerly Gold now Diamond, formerly MSY, now LAX, formerly NW, now DL
Programs: Hyatt Plat, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Delta Diamond/1MM
Yeah, I like my TUMI carryon from my 1MM (I'm at 1.5MM now) and it's been my only bag I've used since then.

No MM recognition (was on KLM) and wouldn't mind something for 2 MM! I'll have to wait a few more years.

So I've noticed that the last many flights, they don't mention thanking the MM anymore during the welcome announcement. Did they change the script??
Old Jan 29, 2019, 11:03 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta SkySponge ExtraAbsorbent, SPG Gold
Congratulations! I would still like to hear from someone who has reached 7 million miles. I'm curious what that "one time special event" is.
MarkP24 likes this.
Old Jan 30, 2019, 5:48 am

Programs: UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Congrats to the OP! That sounds like a great experience!
Old Jan 31, 2019, 8:17 am

Programs: DL MM/PM, Hilton Diamond, H5-Star, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by readywhenyouare
Congratulations! I would still like to hear from someone who has reached 7 million miles. I'm curious what that "one time special event" is.
When I lived in Tampa, the agents at the Kennedy Blvd ticket office told me they had a local 7MM (this was in ‘98).

For his his award they gave him a new FC seat from a 777 for his office.

But he didn’t care, he was never there. 😀
MarkP24 likes this.
Old Jan 31, 2019, 9:42 am

At the time I hit 1mm, my wife was a contractor for Delta. I had determined that I would hit the milestone over Norman Oklahoma. Apparently my wife contacted the PR department at Delta and told them this. As we flew over Norman Oklahoma, the flight attendant got on the speaker and announced that a passenger onboard just hit 1mm and, at that time, the pilot came out, congratulated me and gave me a bottle of champagne. Just like CAVU above, the luggage Delta gave me (the Hartmann tweed) never fits in the overhead. When I hit 2mm, no fanfare. This time I picked the Tumi hard sided carry on and it fits in the overhead perfectly. I hope to never hit 3mm.
Old Jan 31, 2019, 9:51 am

If this is a duplicate, I apologize, not sure my post went through.

At the time I hit 1mm, my wife was a contractor for Delta. I had determined I would hit 1mm over Norman Oklahoma. Apparently my wife contacted someone in the PR department at Delta and told them this. As we flew over Norman Oklahoma, the flight attendant announce the milestone over the loud speaker and everyone gave me a round of applause. At that time, the captain came out and presented me with a bottle of champagne. When I hit 2mm, no fanfare whatsoever. just like CAVU, at 1mm Delta gave me a suitcase (hartmann tweed carry on) at it never fits in the overhead. At 2mm, I picked the Tumi hard side carry on and it fits every time. I hope I never hit 3 mm
Old Jan 31, 2019, 8:03 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by kissfan

When I lived in Tampa, the agents at the Kennedy Blvd ticket office told me they had a local 7MM (this was in ‘98).

For his his award they gave him a new FC seat from a 777 for his office.

But he didn’t care, he was never there. 😀
That's pretty cool! LOL

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.