Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

How Do You Find the Cheapest City to Connect Through Using "Multi-City" on DL.com?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How Do You Find the Cheapest City to Connect Through Using "Multi-City" on DL.com?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 23, 2018, 11:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: No flights since April 2019 (Medical Issues). Lost all my status.

I need to fly one-way on 2/10/19 from MSP to PIT. I have all day, so price is the determining factor.
When I select "one-way" on DL.com, I'm offered non-stops for $276 and connections through DTW, ATL, etc for $284.
When I select "multi-city" on DL.com, the lowest fare that I can find is $147 flying MSP-BOS-PIT. Note that selecting "one-way" on DL.com does not show the fare through BOS. Other multi-city connections points that are cheaper than those specified using "one-way" include connections at ORD and BWI (yes, I know that those will require a third flight).
Using Google flights, a fare of $163 through BOS appears, but Google says that I have to "book through a travel agent".
My question....how may I determine which city offers the cheapest connection when booking through DL.com using "multi-city"? I just guessed that BOS might be a possibility.
I'm assuming that since DL.com is allowing me to book the $147 fare, then it must be within the "CFC" rules.

Last edited by RRDD; Dec 23, 2018 at 11:25 am
Old Dec 23, 2018, 11:33 am
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
The cheapest fare is probably a broken fare MSP/BOS & BOS/PIT. Bos to Pit is a JetBlue market that is sometimes as low as $49.
Old Dec 23, 2018, 11:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Use an ITA Matrix segment force, then try booking multi-city on delta.com. Add dl dl in routing codes to get two Delta-coded segments between origin and destination.

Helping us find and book cheaper broken fares isn't why Delta runs delta.com.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.