Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Aeromexico Fare Basis

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30, 2019, 2:43 pm

Programs: DL
Waiting Game?

Started a 24-hr AM MCO-SDQ run two weeks ago today that will push me from Platinum to Diamond. Waited 10 days, and when miles and MQDs hadn't posted, I requested credit on delta.com and submitted PDFs of boarding passes. To date, still haven't received credit.

How long should I wait after submitting documentation to contact Delta on Twitter?
Old Dec 30, 2019, 2:48 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by RRRW
Started a 24-hr AM MCO-SDQ run two weeks ago today that will push me from Platinum to Diamond. Waited 10 days, and when miles and MQDs hadn't posted, I requested credit on delta.com and submitted PDFs of boarding passes. To date, still haven't received credit.

How long should I wait after submitting documentation to contact Delta on Twitter?
Today. It will probably take you several interactions to get it to post properly.
Old Dec 30, 2019, 7:32 pm

Originally Posted by RRRW

my experience from doing this twice to achieve diamond is that you need to submit the request and you should receive an email confirmation and then someone should contact you soon after with an update. Mine usually showed up as pending after they sent me the update email saying that they sent for verification and from what I’ve been told the 14 business days for it to post start at the post date and both mine took about 10 business days to fully post. My last one post everything but 1 segment which was what I needed to clear diamond and it finally cleared after waiting and complaining but all i was ever told was just to wait nothing they could do.
Old Jan 20, 2020, 6:06 am

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
Some random data points.

I flew JFK-MTY-MEX-UIO-MEX-JFK this past week, the trip ended at JFK Friday afternoon.

- JFK departure was from the A Gates at JFK. Not convenient to the Sky Club. There's an AMEX Centurion Lounge near completion next to the Emirates lounge and Wingtips is also available, with restrictions.
- I was concerned about a 1:05 connection in MTY where the MCT is 1:00 I-D but the inbound landed early and it only took about 20 minutes to get back to the outbound gate.I was surprised that 5 hours on a E190 wasn't bad.
- I had a 17 hour layover at MEX and a discount coupon for the IH Hotel worked out well. Early departure from MEX but it was a 789 so more sleep was easy.
- JFK Arrival was at the A Gates, right at the top of the ramp to Passport Control.
- AM has discounted Senior fares and so the MQD ratio was over 4:1. $3299 MQD on a $711 fare. 26,385 RDM worth $.01 each bring the net cost down to about $450. I think that's pretty good for an MQD run. Regu;ar fare was about $100 higher, still a good value.
- The trip posted correctly on Sunday.
Schmoops likes this.
Old Jan 20, 2020, 11:02 am

Programs: SkyMiles, United
Originally Posted by SuperG1955
Some random data points.

I flew JFK-MTY-MEX-UIO-MEX-JFK this past week, the trip ended at JFK Friday afternoon.

- JFK departure was from the A Gates at JFK. Not convenient to the Sky Club. There's an AMEX Centurion Lounge near completion next to the Emirates lounge and Wingtips is also available, with restrictions.
- I was concerned about a 1:05 connection in MTY where the MCT is 1:00 I-D but the inbound landed early and it only took about 20 minutes to get back to the outbound gate.I was surprised that 5 hours on a E190 wasn't bad.
- I had a 17 hour layover at MEX and a discount coupon for the IH Hotel worked out well. Early departure from MEX but it was a 789 so more sleep was easy.
- JFK Arrival was at the A Gates, right at the top of the ramp to Passport Control.
- AM has discounted Senior fares and so the MQD ratio was over 4:1. $3299 MQD on a $711 fare. 26,385 RDM worth $.01 each bring the net cost down to about $450. I think that's pretty good for an MQD run. Regu;ar fare was about $100 higher, still a good value.
Nice, I flew TIJ-MEX-MID on Friday night and back yesterday afternoon. Nothing has been posted.
Old Jan 20, 2020, 11:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Some random data points.

Only thing I dislike about AM E190, no power/wifi.

As for hotel, I've used all the on airport hotels and even the capsules. (I actually really enjoy the capsules) All are great.
Old Jan 20, 2020, 11:11 am

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
I met up with someone who was doing 5 runs back to back to re-qualify as a DM in January. And my friends think I'm crazy.
Old Jan 20, 2020, 11:12 am

Programs: SkyMiles, United
Originally Posted by flyerCO

As for hotel, I've used all the on airport hotels and even the capsules. (I actually really enjoy the capsules) All are great.
Yes, I flew E190 MEX-MID biz, no power, personal IFE or Wi-fi. But it was very comfortable. I was on the bulk head and leg room was amazing.
Old Jan 20, 2020, 11:29 am

Originally Posted by flyerCO

I tend to live on 319's so the E190 was interesting. I realized before the trip that there was no power/wifi but always have my own. I've only flown Embrears in F and the only thing I don't like is that the seats aren't upright enough for my liking. Otherwise very comfortable. This trip was also my first time through MTY and UIO and I found both airports very nice. Also, first time I've done a D-D connection at MEX and I must have really gone off track. I think I had a longer walk then from one end of JFK T4 to the other. All in all I've only had good experiences on AM both with hard and soft product.

I have another long overnight layover at MEX in June and may give the capsules a try if I can't get IH for under $40 out of pocket again.
Old Jan 27, 2020, 11:03 am

Programs: Delta Sky Miles
I met up with someone who was doing 5 runs back to back to re-qualify as a DM in January. And my friends think I'm crazy.
Yes. I was that guy. I’m happy to report that my Sky Miles credit posted correctly. The five runs generated $14,900 MQDs. Happy trails!
bgriff likes this.
Old Jan 29, 2020, 6:23 am

Originally Posted by frosh
Yes. I was that guy. I’m happy to report that my Sky Miles credit posted correctly. The five runs generated $14,900 MQDs. Happy trails!
Glad that the trips worked out and that you survived them. I won't requalify as a DM until June. I'm at YUL right now on a family visit, then lots of MSY-LGA commuting. I find it amazing that I let things like Mardi Gras, St. Patricks Day (really a weeklong party), Fench Quarter Fest and Jazz Fest interfere with travel.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.