Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Wrong safety cards

Search this Thread

Old Nov 28, 2018, 5:11 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA Gold, Alaska MVP, Bonvoy (lol) Ambassador
Originally Posted by bdb
I flew on VX from SEA to LAX in F, and as it was an older plane the person across from us managed to pull off the metal piece that holds your book/magazine whatever
It also of course holds the flight safety card, they had to get maintenance to come in and get that re-installed or we would not have been able to depart.

Holding the card wasn't an option.
HAH! That's when you just deboard the pax, log the seat as in-op, and go without him or her.. .
Old Nov 28, 2018, 6:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by flyerCO
Curious where they got them. It's not like PHX is a normal place where they would do service that requires unloading/loading safety cards.
There were two staff members on the jet bridge and each was holding a shrink wrapped stack of 717 safety cards. Thinking back, I think they had way more than they would need, but at that point I guess they wanted to be safe.
Old Nov 28, 2018, 6:18 pm

Programs: UA 1K, TK E+, AS MVPG, SPG&Marriott Plat, HHD, Hertz PC
I was flying from a EU airport to YYZ on AC. We were on a 777 however the safety cards were from a 767. Let the purser know, she tells the captain. Captain calls HQ, learns it is against FAR and can't fly. Local station sends employee to print shop to print safety cards from PDF. Captain times out, someone learns I was the anonymous tipper so people get fidgety. I was in C and AC pushed my ticket, and rest of C to LH/LX...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.