Wiki Posts
Search

Under-21 in Delta SC

Search this Thread

Old Nov 23, 2018, 8:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL
Under-21 in Delta SC

Has anyone under 21 ever had luck at DTW/other self-serve bar sky clubs? I’m PM with a membership and have always been rejected at DTW, but curious if other places are less strict.

(Annoying that all three clubs at DTW do this, luckily not my home airport. )
Old Nov 23, 2018, 8:59 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
DTW has four SCs.

Also, MSP has one SC with bartenders (and a "luxury" bar) and one without, so that the alcohol is self serve.
Old Nov 23, 2018, 9:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
DTW has four SCs.
I forgot about the other concourse... still, appears it is also 21+.
Old Nov 23, 2018, 9:04 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I was about to say that MSP is the only place that has a SC with bartenders and another one without, but I'm guessing JFK and maybe LGA have the same, although the lounges are in different terminals. ATL is all bartenders.
Old Nov 23, 2018, 9:07 pm

Programs: Bellevue Lifetime Premiere Mega Elite Supreme
The micro club at LAX is bartended.
Old Nov 23, 2018, 9:11 pm

Programs: Delta PlM, 1M
I was about to say that MSP is the only place that has a SC with bartenders and another one without, but I'm guessing JFK and maybe LGA have the same, although the lounges are in different terminals. ATL is all bartenders.
I am not aware of any self serve JFK unless you count the AF lounge in T1 (I do not know if that is "legally" SC or AF).

KE lounge at LAX/Bradly if that dive counts is one. SFO? What do the Asian friends use?
TheHorta likes this.
Old Nov 23, 2018, 9:15 pm
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
C and D club at LGA both have bartenders, T2 and T4 at JFK both have bartenders.
Old Nov 23, 2018, 9:17 pm
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
I haven't been through LAX T2 in a while, but it was self-serve while T3 is bartended.
Old Nov 23, 2018, 9:20 pm

Programs: Delta PlM, 1M
Originally Posted by pvn
I haven't been through LAX T2 in a while, but it was self-serve while T3 is bartended.
That would be nice if true. Anybody know?

I really hate the concept that I have to wait around for somebody to serve me something I could just grab.
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Nov 23, 2018, 9:36 pm

KE lounge at JFK T1 was self serve when I last used it, but of course it's not a SC.

BTW, Escape (AmEx) at MSP has bartenders as does the PP PGA lounge.

The CLUB (PP) at ATL has bartenders too.
Old Nov 23, 2018, 9:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by pvn
Yep LAX T2 is self-serve and if I recall correctly from last month, one of the two horrendous temporary SCs in T3 is self-serve and the other one has a bartender.
Old Nov 23, 2018, 10:04 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
I was never turned away when I was under 21. Once an MSP SC agent told me to stay away from the beer, but I that’s about it.

Just say that you’ll promise to stay away from the booze. You’re a medallion with a club membership after all. It’s a ridiculous policy.
Old Nov 23, 2018, 10:27 pm

Originally Posted by Duke787
Yep LAX T2 is self-serve and if I recall correctly from last month, one of the two horrendous temporary SCs in T3 is self-serve and the other one has a bartender.
This is correct - I was there the day before yesterday. The smaller side in T3 is self-serve.
Old Nov 24, 2018, 9:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by WWads
I was never turned away when I was under 21. Once an MSP SC agent told me to stay away from the beer, but I that’s about it.

Just say that you’ll promise to stay away from the booze. You’re a medallion with a club membership after all. It’s a ridiculous policy.
If Delta lost a liquor license at a hub airport due to alcohol consumption by a minor there would be enough whining on Flyer talk to break the internet.
Old Nov 24, 2018, 9:44 am

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by Duke787
one of the two horrendous temporary SCs in T3 .

I think they are doing their best given the circumstances.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.