Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Skyteam flights/Connection time

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21, 2018, 9:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Have you tried an ITA Matrix connection city force? If that works and yields the price you want maybe a TA (online or other) can do this as a single ticket.
Old Nov 21, 2018, 9:28 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LBJ
I see your post in the MR forum. For what it's worth, if you simply shift your return date from 2/8 to 2/9, you can get VS UpperClass for $3K from BOS, $3.6K from JFK/IAD, and $3.8K from ATL. The 2/8 Friday return does not meet the 7 day min stay/Sat-Thu return requirements for DL/VS Z fares. The 2/9 return does. MEX-LHR is somewhat longer than ATL-LHR, but it's not exactly a huge difference. With the MEX routing, you can't get home until 2/9 with a 2/8 departure anyway (since the AM LHR-MEX flight is a red-eye). Just seems like you are creating a whole lot of additional pain for yourself with very little additional gain.

Ya, that was actually an ideal portion of that routing being the redeye on 2/7 and being back home earlier on 2/8 for a price similar to the Z class fares you are referencing. Ideally i avoid the 7 day fare min just as i'll want to get home so that is why I am trying to be a little creative in the routing and potential options. one day more at home may seem small but in scheme of all the travel i have to complete for work, it is big in wife's eyes, hope that makes sense.
Old Nov 21, 2018, 9:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by newguy2321
Ya, that was actually an ideal portion of that routing being the redeye on 2/7 and being back home earlier on 2/8 for a price similar to the Z class fares you are referencing. Ideally i avoid the 7 day fare min just as i'll want to get home so that is why I am trying to be a little creative in the routing and potential options. one day more at home may seem small but in scheme of all the travel i have to complete for work, it is big in wife's eyes, hope that makes sense.
Ah, I read your post too quickly, I now see you want to be home the 8th instead of depart on the 8th. As you can likely see, Z fares are classic market segmentation to distinguish between flexible liesure flyers and inflexible business flyers who want to be home with the family for the weekend.

Last edited by xliioper; Nov 21, 2018 at 9:44 am
Old Nov 21, 2018, 9:43 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LBJ
Ah, I read your post too quickly, I now see you want to be home the 8th instead of depart on the 8th.

Ya, its not ideal and probably will have to making it a longer trip. but want to exhaust all other options! may just end up booking separate but having extended layovers on either side 4-6 hours to allow for any funny business.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.