Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Great J to Europe award tix sale right now

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14, 2018, 2:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold

https://www.delta.com/content/www/en..._awards_111318

Just got r/t to AMS for 98K.
TheHorta likes this.
Old Nov 14, 2018, 2:16 pm

Programs: Bellevue Lifetime Premiere Mega Elite Supreme
Saw that in yesterday’s email. Very stoked.
Old Nov 14, 2018, 2:48 pm

I wouldn't call it great, per se, but good enough to entice me to finally book award J with DL for the first time in six years.

Most other programs still beat the pants off SM for premium redemption - and this offer at 98k still doesn't meet those programs' regular offerings.
DrAlex likes this.
Old Nov 14, 2018, 3:13 pm

Programs: DL DM, SPG Plat 100/LT Gold, Marriott Plat, National Executive Elite
I can't find anything in December at all.

I also can't find anything in January that's on a 330 besides ATL-LHR. I am mainly searching from the southeast and midwest as anything from the northeast is too short. I also am not looking for 767s - looking for either 350s, mod 777s or 330s.

Lots of availability from ATL and MSP to CDG on modded 777s SUITES. Also random availability on the 350 from AMS-DTW and vv in SUITES.

It allows open jaw bookings. And it seems to work anywhere DL flies to directly in Europe.

Anyone find it to CPH (unfortunately on a 767), ATH, or TLV yet? The lowest I found for ATH or TLV was 189K roundtrip.

Also, tickets I booked this morning at 98K roundtrip cost 275K now. Inventory is going fast.
TheHorta likes this.
Old Nov 14, 2018, 3:15 pm

Originally Posted by slykens
I wouldn't call it great, per se, but good enough to entice me to finally book award J with DL for the first time in six years.

Most other programs still beat the pants off SM for premium redemption - and this offer at 98k still doesn't meet those programs' regular offerings.
??? It's cheaper than both US carriers at their lowest. I haven't seen any UA to Europe in Polaris on saver - and Polaris is 8 across, suites are 4 across.

And AA's lowest is 57.5K. 49K each way beats both - especially if you select the right equipment.
jdrtravel likes this.
Old Nov 14, 2018, 3:46 pm

Programs: Bellevue Lifetime Premiere Mega Elite Supreme
I looked yesterday, talked to my wife today, and now literally every single (same) trip we want to take is >250K Sky Pesos.

Either they had a seat here and there, or they sold out those award levels in record time.

Suckage. Complete and total suckage.
Old Nov 14, 2018, 4:32 pm

Programs: DL DM MM, IHG Spire, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Got four(!) tickets at 98k to LHR this spring. I am pleasantly surprised at the availability this time around. I usually don’t find anything during these sales, and rarely more than one or two seats if I do find something.
btonkid12345 likes this.
Old Nov 14, 2018, 4:56 pm

Originally Posted by TheHorta
I looked yesterday, talked to my wife today, and now literally every single (same) trip we want to take is >250K Sky Pesos.

Either they had a seat here and there, or they sold out those award levels in record time.

You're a DM - why didn't you redeem? You could redeposit literally anytime.

Originally Posted by GopherMSP
Got four(!) tickets at 98k to LHR this spring. I am pleasantly surprised at the availability this time around. I usually don’t find anything during these sales, and rarely more than one or two seats if I do find something.
Agreed. Saw up to 7 seats available in D1 Suites at this price. That's 25% of the cabin!
Old Nov 14, 2018, 5:00 pm

Programs: DL PM 2 Mil Miler, HZ PC, Marriott LT TI, AMB, Hilton Diamond
I got 2 tix to BCN next April for 98K each. Very happy.
Old Nov 14, 2018, 5:10 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by TheHorta

Check flexible dates. We had to adjust our desired date by one day to find the 98K. In the future, ALWAYS just book. Even if you are not DM you have 24 hours. Even if you are not sure where you want to go, just book into AMS or CDG and then buy a cheap Y ticket from there to wherever you are going.
obscure2k, jrm68 and btonkid12345 like this.
Old Nov 14, 2018, 5:17 pm
Original Poster

Just checked again and looks like a lot less availability than just a few hours ago. I noticed the sale from a targeted Facebook add earlier today and then went and booked right away. I wonder how many others did the same.
Old Nov 14, 2018, 5:26 pm

Programs: Delta DM, 2MM
I was able to snag 2 seats to BRU. 767, but I'm okay with it!

NYC-CDG was only routing via CVG on the outbound for the entire month of February.
Old Nov 14, 2018, 5:36 pm

Originally Posted by iflyalexair
I was able to snag 2 seats to BRU. 767, but I'm okay with it!

NYC-CDG was only routing via CVG on the outbound for the entire month of February.
Plenty of availability from ATL and MSP to CDG in February. CDG is close to BRU and the D1 suites versus 767? Not even a choice.
Old Nov 14, 2018, 5:37 pm

Programs: DL 2 MM
Found lots of availability from MKE. Had a couple ready to go, just need to get the Mrs. to choose AMS on 330 or BRU on 767.

Those are close enough to each other I guess either one would work.

Found good flights to MAD also. For me and my dates (April) found a lot more options than the last 98k sales (which we did find flights for MUC).
Old Nov 14, 2018, 5:47 pm

Originally Posted by TommyD2
Found lots of availability from MKE. Had a couple ready to go, just need to get the Mrs. to choose AMS on 330 or BRU on 767.

Those are close enough to each other I guess either one would work.

Found good flights to MAD also. For me and my dates (April) found a lot more options than the last 98k sales (which we did find flights for MUC).
Agreed. It also works from a lot more cities and just connects to an available transatlantic - as randomly as SAV and SAN both work for 98K roundtrip. Sweet. This is usually not the case as the domestic segment usually reprices the transatlantic leg to insane levels.

I would not delay. Book the AMS one now. It will be gone by the time Mrs decides.

Anyone find anything into CPH, TLV, or ATH at all?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.