Wiki Posts
Search

1MM Flight Today

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20, 2018, 1:50 pm
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
I'm not sure why everyone thinks that these meaningly gestures are an indication of a particular customer's "worth". There might be a million reasons the algorithm prompts an FA to say something to a particular passenger on a particular day and not another.

Don't take everything so personally.
krlcomm likes this.
Old Nov 20, 2018, 2:14 pm

Programs: UA: 1K 1.5MM, DL: LTDM 3.5MM, JB: Mosaic4, LH: exSEN 1MM, Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite, Hertz PresC
Originally Posted by pvn
I'm not sure why everyone thinks that these meaningly gestures are an indication of a particular customer's "worth". There might be a million reasons the algorithm prompts an FA to say something to a particular passenger on a particular day and not another.

Don't take everything so personally.
I didn't. I just thought it was funny.....
Old Nov 20, 2018, 2:19 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM, MR Ambassador, National EE
Originally Posted by Lomapaseo
Same here, lets share experiences on this thread but either on the 20th or the 29th within a a couple hundred miles in connection routings
Had mine (2MM) app. 6 weeks ago... nothing happened. Did choose the nice Hartmann briefcase... it's still sitting here in my office, I love my B&R. I'll find a worthy friend in need of some good leather to give it to.

Edit to add: I didn't care that nothing happened and wasn't expecting anything to happen. :-)
Old Nov 20, 2018, 2:22 pm
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
Originally Posted by Christefan
I didn't. I just thought it was funny.....
it's not meant to be directed at you particularly
Old Nov 20, 2018, 11:34 pm

Programs: Delta 1 Million Miler, Delta DM, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by davedimes
Did you notify them in any way that you were hitting 1MM? Nada for me at 1MM.
That’s what I was wondering. I didn’t get anything at 1MM, either (at the airport/end of flight, I mean). I got the customary gift selection, etc. in the mail later.
Old Nov 20, 2018, 11:37 pm

Programs: Delta 1 Million Miler, Delta DM, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by mnredfox
Wow, OP must be a 360. I literally got a middle seat for my 1MM flight.
Ouch! That’s rough. I had a FC window seat for my 1MM, but it was on a boring (read: routine) ATL-MIA flight, which I’ve flown a thousand times if I’ve flown it once. I did suppose at the time that it was fitting for it to occur on such a regular segment, but as I zero in on 2MM, I want to try to plan for something more “exciting.”
Old Nov 20, 2018, 11:43 pm

Originally Posted by Christefan
Another day on Delta, another flight. This time I had a follow 3mm traveler sitting next to me in FC. At the end of the flight, the flight leader reaches over (me) to the guy at the window to ask him to raise his seat and to thank him for being a loyal 3mm flyer and then walks away. Maybe his 3mm are worth more than mine....hehe
You’d think after 3MM he wouldn’t need a reminder to raise his seat.
Old Nov 21, 2018, 10:53 am

Programs: DL DM, Marriott/Starwood Plat
Originally Posted by thesaints
Reaching MM in 5 years means 200k MQM/year and that could be the reason for the special treatment.
They don't care about MQM, only MQD. And then they probably care more about margin than total.
Old Nov 21, 2018, 10:55 am

Programs: DL DM, Marriott/Starwood Plat
Originally Posted by ethernal
Reminds me when my fiancee got thanked for being Gold.. as I sat next to her.. in the aisle seat.. as the FA leaned over me... on the ticket that was booked under my SkyMiles account.
Same thing happened to me. I gifted my wife gold, and they leaned over me to thank her for being gold.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.