Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What has DL Done For You?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31, 2018, 4:41 pm

Programs: DL DM+(segs)/MM, UA Ag, Hilton DM, Marriott Ti (life Pt), TSA Opt-out Platinum
DL has always been good enough for me. I don't expect them to do anything besides deliver what I pay for. That being said, my wife passed away unexpectedly a few years ago, and I had to cancel and re-arrange a half dozen or so already planned trips. A few last minute refunds and many itin changes. DL took care of everything as quickly as possible and with no cost to me. Most of the reps couldn't have been any nicer. I'm sure the acute trauma made them seem nicer than they were, but during that time I also dealt with companies that had poor CS. Wells Fargo being by far the worst to deal with, and I will make sure I never do business with WF again.
Old Oct 31, 2018, 7:52 pm

Programs: Delta DM/2MM, Flying Blue Gold, Hertz Platinum
I have more examples than I can count of DL people going above and beyond for me.

And having spoken with top-level executives, I can tell you it's company policy to encourage employees to do right by their customers... even if it means violating other policies. It's about being human. This is a marked difference from how UA and AA operate, and it's why DL continues to get my business over the other guys.
ATOBTTR likes this.
Old Oct 31, 2018, 8:13 pm
Suspended

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
Originally Posted by btonkid12345
When will you publish the post? How many times did this person ask for a waiver?
It will take a while as I do not want to risk readers situation with DL.

I can say it just took many days and 3x calls for DL DM line to fix a simple issue on a CRJ200. Loyalty is sinking fast. #WhatHasDLDoneForYou matters!
Old Nov 1, 2018, 7:22 am

Originally Posted by Renes Points
It will take a while as I do not want to risk readers situation with DL.

I can say it just took many days and 3x calls for DL DM line to fix a simple issue on a CRJ200. Loyalty is sinking fast. #WhatHasDLDoneForYou matters!
And without revealing the reader, can you tell us what this "simple issue on a CRJ200" was?
Old Nov 1, 2018, 7:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by orlandodlplat
I have more examples than I can count of DL people going above and beyond for me.

And having spoken with top-level executives, I can tell you it's company policy to encourage employees to do right by their customers... even if it means violating other policies. It's about being human. This is a marked difference from how UA and AA operate, and it's why DL continues to get my business over the other guys.
This. ^
While overall my interactions with employees at other airlines have been fair to good, for some reason, with many employees at other airlines it’s a job for them. I don’t mean that in a bad way and they do what they need to do in a generally friendly and satisfactory manner but with most DL employees I get the impression that for them it’s more than a job and for them DL is more than just the company they work for, and those values are implemented from the top level leadership all the way down to the front line employees.
Old Nov 1, 2018, 8:37 am
Suspended

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
Originally Posted by OHDL1
And without revealing the reader, can you tell us what this "simple issue on a CRJ200" was?
Oh the CRJ200 issue was mine. It was an award but could not change the flight due to one leg with KLM. It took 3 calls to find someone who could fix it and not dump the KLM leg. I had an illegal connection.
Old Nov 1, 2018, 10:41 am

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by Tomphot
My company Needs and Wants it's customers, we want to make sure they know that and that they're special. I spend a lot of money doing just that at the finest restaurants around -and spend a decent amount of money on StubHub as well. I have competition and want to make sure my customers keep coming back to me.

As does mine, but I don't work in an oligopoly situation and doubt you do as well.

Delta doesn't need to do anything, but provide the basics. They go above-and-beyond often when IRROPS occur. To where will a customer of Delta's go? AA? UA? WN? Enjoy. They will encounter the same (or less) from the others.

Some day the economy MAY change to the point that DL needs to chase butts to put into seats. That day is not today.
Old Nov 1, 2018, 12:31 pm

Originally Posted by HWGeeks
A C&D for getting too many fee waivers? I wonder at what dollar amount it needs to be to trigger a lawyer to risk the bad PR for threatening legal action.

Reminds me of the time I received a C&D from Microsoft for breaking an NDA by 1 minute.
Nothing new, really. In recent years, DL’s been agrssive at pursuing collections for persons who engage in fare misconduct (e.g. throw away ticketing), successful chargebacks, etc. Generally, these are habitual offenders — if you ticket yourself LAX-ATL-MCO a few times per year and hop off in ATL, you’re not going to be on DL’s radar. But when you do it 50 times...
Old Nov 1, 2018, 8:21 pm

Programs: DL PM
As many others have mentioned, I too was treated with incredible compassion and efficiency during a family emergency. I thought it would be very difficult and very expensive to get from CPH to JFK quickly, and thanks to Delta, it wasn't. They provide nice, clean, safe planes staffed by nice, competent, friendly crew that fly me to fascinating places.
Old Nov 3, 2018, 5:12 pm
Fairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: Amtrak Guest Rewards Select, Maika'i Card
I don't fly very often, but we are taking Delta to Hawaii next month, and I am happy with their fares and schedule. They are competitive with Alaska, and at least for the holiday season can get us back to Seattle without flying overnight (Delta usually has only a redeye HNL-SEA). I prefer Delta's 757 to Alaska's 737. On the advice of an air traffic controller, I don't fly Hawaiian.
MarkP24 likes this.
Old Nov 3, 2018, 6:54 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by MarkCron
Flying JFK-FRA on my 50th birthday, Asked GA nicely to keep me in mind if there were any op-ups.
She called me up a few minutes before boarding started, and handed me my new boarding pass with a big smile.
Made me quite happy.
Wow! That's impressive!
Old Nov 3, 2018, 9:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

What did DL do?
Cancelled a bunch of flights due to some system meltdown and caused me to get to my OWN bachelor party 24 hours late, by buying a walkup fare on another airline because DL had nothing for 3 days.
But then at least they reimbursed me for the extra cost of the last-minute flight, so that was lovely of them.

Then, another time, the flight attendant offered me a second bowl of the Thai coconut soup.
Old Nov 4, 2018, 12:05 am

Programs: DL PM
In August of 2016, Delta's computer systems failed and I was delayed in the LAX airport for nearly 24 hours, arriving in Miami for a conference only to find that my bags were still at LAX. Wasn't wearing business attire when traveling, and had to spend more than $700 to buy appropriate clothes for the meetings. Sent the receipt to Delta and they promptly send me a check for the full amount within three weeks. I'm a lowly GM, but that bought my ongoing loyalty to Delta.
Old Nov 4, 2018, 12:20 am

Programs: DL DM, UA & AA Peeon, Hilton/Starwood Gold
Originally Posted by ijgordon
Then, another time, the flight attendant offered me a second bowl of the Thai coconut soup.
Damn that soup was good. I had seconds, too.

A month or so ago, after trying to use a GUC three times on segments that agents could see as open but were unable to ticket (KL involved) they upgraded me on the TATL flights as a courtesy for the hassle of much time spent on the phone trying to make it work. I appreciated their willingness to do this.

Flew JFK-AMS last night and scored an Op-Up. In a way, I suppose I helped free up a seat they needed in coach, but it was a win for me, too.
Old Nov 4, 2018, 1:02 am

Programs: Delta PM
Originally Posted by sydneyracquelle
DL has consistently gone out of their way so many times to waive change/redeposit fees and demonstrated above and beyond courtesy so many times I have lost count. The culture of can-do service isn’t just shown among a few associates here and there but rather throughout the entire DL system.
I think this post just about sums it up very well.
I fly Delta because more often than not, I do feel appreciated.

Over the past 30 years, I've had countless times of someone doing something for me.
The most recent time was on a red-eye from Fairbanks. I wasn't feeling so well. The only thing I wanted to drink was a mild or non-black tea, but Delta didn't have any.,.
A few minutes later, the FA came with a cup of hot water and his own packet of chamomile.
i was very grateful, but regret that I never thought to ask his name.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.