Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

"Your account has been suspended due to a security risk" frustration

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

"Your account has been suspended due to a security risk" frustration

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14, 2018, 8:06 pm

Programs: IHG Gold,SPG Gold, HH Gold, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Delta Kettle, AMEX Plat, DL AMEX Plat
Originally Posted by RealHJ
I think so, but DL is not going to give you any. Even for their DMs, DL is very cheap about (not) giving out compensation for much bigger service and other failures.

If this had happened with another airline, you may have a fair shot at getting some compensation. Not so with DL.

DL miles are both some of the hardest to "earn" and the hardest and worth least to use.
You did see my "winky face", right? I have no anticipation of any miles, I was trying to inject a little levity into a crappy situation.
Old Nov 17, 2018, 11:32 am

Programs: IHG Gold,SPG Gold, HH Gold, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Delta Kettle, AMEX Plat, DL AMEX Plat
FINALLY!!!

Well, I tried to access my account today and, surprise!, I finally could! The miles that had been stolen are put back. But, I'm still a little miffed that there has been no "sorry we screwed up on our end on communications" email. And, since my account was locked during the Europe sale, I had no way go get in on the sale for my final trip to Italy.
Old Nov 17, 2018, 3:18 pm

Programs: Newly minted free agent; MR LT(!)TE, HH SE, BA SECM, DL MM, UA PS, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE
Originally Posted by Zorak
"My voice is my passport, verify me"
This is exactly how it works when I call my bank. By the time I'm done saying "Hi, I'm calling to put a travel notification on my account" they've verified my voice print and I get no further security questions (which tbh used to be quite a pain).

OTOH, the bank doesn't have a priority line, so I always spend 15 minutes on hold when I call, so I guess it's a bit of a wash... and also, why do I have to call in for travel notifications in the first place? I guess that's a question for BankTalk.
Old Nov 17, 2018, 3:22 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by bennos
OTOH, the bank doesn't have a priority line, so I always spend 15 minutes on hold when I call, so I guess it's a bit of a wash... and also, why do I have to call in for travel notifications in the first place? I guess that's a question for BankTalk.
At least a few no longer require a travel notification ^
aquamarinesteph likes this.
Old Nov 17, 2018, 7:05 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Zorak
At least a few no longer require a travel notification ^
Most don't anymore. I believe Chase and AMEX do not require a travel notification.
Old Nov 17, 2018, 7:17 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
AMEX IME has not required travel notification in a very very long time, although IMO it still would be wise to call them in advance of travel to "risky" places if this isn't part of your usual travel pattern and especially if they can't see plane tickets etc. charged to your card.
MarkP24 and aquamarinesteph like this.
Old Nov 17, 2018, 8:19 pm

Programs: Bellevue Lifetime Premiere Mega Elite Supreme
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
AMEX IME has not required travel notification in a very very long time, although IMO it still would be wise to call them in advance of travel to "risky" places if this isn't part of your usual travel pattern and especially if they can't see plane tickets etc. charged to your card.
I used to do this as a precaution, then AX actually told me to stop. I’m all over now, and we charge >$1MM to our AX cards annually, that they’ve never bounced or delayed approval on any size charge, anywhere, and I’ve run some 6-figure single charges while overseas with no advance warning.
Old Nov 17, 2018, 8:47 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by TheHorta

I used to do this as a precaution, then AX actually told me to stop. I’m all over now, and we charge >$1MM to our AX cards annually, that they’ve never bounced or delayed approval on any size charge, anywhere, and I’ve run some 6-figure single charges while overseas with no advance warning.
Me too, but I've also been thanked for reporting upcoming travel to weird places. OTOH, Diners wanted to know about every foreign trip, even destinations that are common for me (and most international business travelers).
TheHorta likes this.
Old Nov 18, 2018, 3:15 pm

Programs: Skymiles
You have no idea how easy this was for you. I had my account locked twice. I found a ticket issued with SkyMiles, Delta found a ticket issued with SkyMiles and then I found a ticket issued by Delta and FLOWN. In my case, all tickets were issued verbally by phone (go figure).This is a black hole at Delta. Customer Care cannot help and they just send you to CORPORATE SECURITY which is the ultimate black hole. You can leave messages forever and never will you receive a returned phone call. One day, magically, your account will be yours again. I am one of those responsible for them now asking for DOB and email address for verification simply because they were inconsistent and finger pointing as to how such a thing could happen with THEIR CONTROL SYSTEMS. Ultimately, I changed my address and email account and have been free for just over a year. In response to compensation, I was out of the country each time and the cost of hour long phone calls was quite expensive. I did receive a THANK YOU FOR YOUR PATIENCE. I did receive my miles back.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.