Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Still Welcome! 2018-2021

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Still Welcome! 2018-2021

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2, 2021, 3:12 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Titanium, UA Gold (*G), DL Silver, Makers Mark Ambassador
Originally Posted by GW McLintock
Like I said, I don't usually make drunk purchases, and especially do not purchase airplane models. I have one other that is much smaller. Anyway, planning on posting that on eBay tonight (unless somewhere here is interested, lol).

-J.
While I wasn't drunk, I impulse bought a car once. So you should be able to get off easy!
Old Dec 2, 2021, 3:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
The model is no longer for sale

Originally Posted by wakesetter93
While I wasn't drunk, I impulse bought a car once. So you should be able to get off easy!
Hope it was worth it. I almost did that once and then decided it wasn't a good idea.

I might be having dinner with family in the city tomorrow, so now I am wondering if I should work from home as planned or just go into the office so I'm in midtown. I think it will depend on when I go to bed tonight.

-J.
Old Dec 2, 2021, 3:34 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Titanium, UA Gold (*G), DL Silver, Makers Mark Ambassador
I still have it. Ended up buying a boat and needed a truck so my fiance got the car
Old Dec 2, 2021, 6:34 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I just got home from work it's 44 F outside; yesterday we hit 53 F. It's supposed to snow tonight, although not much.

Is anyone still around for HH?
Old Dec 2, 2021, 6:45 pm

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I just got home from work it's 44 F outside; yesterday we hit 53 F. It's supposed to snow tonight, although not much.

We wrapped up about 10 minutes before your post.
Old Dec 2, 2021, 6:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L

I just went to get the mail, but I could be talked into going back on. I need to stay up late tonight to teach my friend in Nepal how to use Zoom. Staying up late will also be good practice for Saturday night.

Update: not sure if my microphone is working

-J.
Old Dec 2, 2021, 7:05 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by mattp1987
We wrapped up about 10 minutes before your post.
That's too bad; it would have been fun to see you. (I even had some German Riesling in the refrigerator in hopes of opening it in your honor.) Also, I wanted to hear all of the news about houses, jobs, cats, dogs, etc. from everyone.
Old Dec 2, 2021, 7:08 pm

I just went to get the mail, but I could be talked into going back on. I need to stay up late tonight to teach my friend in Nepal how to use Zoom. Staying up late will also be good practice for Saturday night.

Update: not sure if my microphone is working

-J.
I'm hanging around in hopes of meeting you, but I noticed that my zoom personal account seems to have been changed (downgraded) within the last few days and in fact since yesterday morning, when I was in a meeting that someone else set up. In particular, my backgrounds have disappeared, although apparently I can still add a mustache, etc. This morning my work zoom account behaved as usual.
Old Dec 2, 2021, 7:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium

Usually the only way one sees 44F or 53F in Minnesota this time of year is on a boarding pass. (And I’m not sure which is worse - 44F on the thermometer or 44F on the boarding pass )
Old Dec 2, 2021, 8:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
if I can score a window seat on an IROPS rebooking or SDS, it’s a win regardless of OAT (outside air temp)
Old Dec 2, 2021, 8:22 pm

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...

I was distracted and forgot about HH. Today has been a rough day.

Sorry!
Old Dec 3, 2021, 6:54 am

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
Mellow greetings from Delta enroute from ATL-SEA on the A330. I really like the D1 seats on this aircraft, maybe because they have actual padding.

One other MQM/MQD run on Tuesday will position me to clear the MQD threshold for Diamond on the Sunday before Christmas. Hopefully Omicron won’t be so bad and travel can continue into 2022 in a semi-normal fashion.

I have been ordering in parts for my 1972 Oldsmobile Vista Cruiser. I have owned it since 1984, but parked it for about 21 years and just got it running again earlier this year. It goes to the body shop in early January so I have been ordering grills, door rubber, dashboard stuff, etc. etc. Am still scrounging for wood grain, as I do love the old woody look.

The various Cutlasses of that era are surprisingly popular, and parts are pretty available. The station wagon is a bit more troublesome, as there weren’t that many made and some of the parts are unique to the wagons and thus difficult to find.

This is not my cruiser, but mine should look like this when done (I hope!)
Old Dec 3, 2021, 7:02 am

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
I don't usually make drunk purchases, but I recently got this beautiful Alaska Airlines "Starliner 75" retrojet model on eBay. And it is gorgeous... but just too big for me at about 12" x 11" It is a SkyMarks model.
Some of us got similar 767 models at the first Delta event in ATL. I was lucky enough to get one!

David
Old Dec 3, 2021, 7:40 am

Originally Posted by DiverDave
Some of us got similar 767 models at the first Delta event in ATL. I was lucky enough to get one!

David
I got an AC model airplane at one of the Star MegaDOs, the one that did Munich (LH) and then Denver UA) and Montreal (AC). I was Randy's guest for the North American part and decided to do the swing to Europe as well.

BTW, I primarily learned to drive on an Olds Cutlass. It was a nice car.
DiverDave and N830MH like this.
Old Dec 3, 2021, 12:55 pm

I need to get the HH as a permanant block on my calendar. This week has been crazy.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.