Wiki Posts
Search

Delta new release movies.

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29, 2018, 9:14 am

Programs: DL, UA
Originally Posted by ClipperDelta
On an A330 across the pond for October:

- Total of 307 movies under “A-Z”; 22 pages of 14 titles each (that’s already a lot more than most airlines)
- about 80 titles (or slightly more than a quarter) are “foreign” movies with non-English original soundtrack. Among these 80, there are 31 Chinese (Mandarin and Cantonese) films, 28 Japanese and 10 Korean movies; again that’s a lot more East Asian movies than most carriers have. There are also 5 Hindi titles even though Delta metal doesn’t go to India currently.
- Delta also appears to carry a lot more documentaries than most other airlines I have flown with worldwide.
I would agree with this. Delta's AVOD programming is some of the richest out there. I pay attention to the AA and UA offerings as they're easily obtainable from the airline
's website. Sure wish Delta would.

That being said, Delta's seatback offerings easily trumps UA and AA at 300+ movies, which is what I've seen available on the 757s and narrow body Airbii. The streaming service only features about 100 or so titles but, like the seatback equivalent, offers a handful of foreign films.

Skycubbie
Old Oct 29, 2018, 6:13 pm

Programs: DA Diamond(1 MM), Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador/Charter Ambassador, Hyatt Glob, Hertz Presidents Circle
i travel cross country several times a month: LOVE ME some Hunt For Red October and have worn it out. Have also have rediscovered My Cousin Vinny and Analyse This. Two classics i need to introduce my kids to

Also wish they would bring back the hockey movie Miracle. I watched that like a toddler watching Sesame Street.

Yes i am way old school.
Old Oct 29, 2018, 6:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Ryno1234
i travel cross country several times a month: LOVE ME some Hunt For Red October and have worn it out. Have also have rediscovered My Cousin Vinny and Analyse This. Two classics i need to introduce my kids to

Also wish they would bring back the hockey movie Miracle. I watched that like a toddler watching Sesame Street.

Yes i am way old school.
What's a yute? ^
Old Oct 29, 2018, 8:42 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by Xeno
DL has changed the listing mechanisms which makes it harder for me to find anything of interest. Going from A to Z can be cumbersome if the screen is not responsive.
This is my only real complaint with the IFE. It can be annoying even using a remote control. And at least on the last flight I checked, the Delta Studio list shown via a web browser does not match the selection of movies on the seatback screen.

Originally Posted by Ryno1234
I just re-watched HFRO in flight too! (Three. One. Five.)

Originally Posted by flyerCO
What's a yute? ^
"Breakfast?" "You think?"
Old May 11, 2019, 8:58 pm

Is there a way /place/site to see ALL the movies playing from Delta flight from US to Europe in June? Don't want to be stuck without a screen that doesn't work! I can download some movies on iPad but don't want to rent if they are playing on Delta!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.