Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Whatever you do, Ms. Redcoat - Don't lie to me - SBN

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Whatever you do, Ms. Redcoat - Don't lie to me - SBN

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2018, 9:10 am

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
Originally Posted by Asiaflyguy
This should be moved to what is the most ridiculous thing you can complain about thread
You wouldn't be even a little miffe landing and waiting 47 minutes for a gate or if a GA lied to you?

Last edited by apodo77; Oct 16, 2018 at 10:21 am
Old Oct 16, 2018, 9:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by bgriff
Yes, so you would have been late even if the plane had arrived a bit later, because the gate wasn't available when it was meant to have been. These things happen. Maybe another plane had whatever delay pushing back from the gate. Sounds like the red coat told you the truth.
You seem to be ignoring what actually happened. Even if they arrived on time, the gate wouldn't have been available. Thus the agent saying you were early and thus no gate is a lie. There would have been no gate even if it hadn't arrived early.
Old Oct 16, 2018, 9:50 am
Suspended

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
Originally Posted by apodo77
You wouldn't be even a little miffe landing and waiting 47 minutes for a gate?
As a SBN frequent flyer I can attest that this does happen often i.e. waiting to get marshaled in to the gate after pulling up short. Maybe not 3/4 of an hour but still.

While I like the Delta/ DGS staff at SBN they seem to be quite short handed just now. Do keep in mind there is a massive labor shortage right now in the South Bend area.
Old Oct 16, 2018, 10:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You wouldn't be even a little miffe landing and waiting 47 minutes for a gate?
That wasn't the complaint (see the thread title).
Old Oct 16, 2018, 10:20 am

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
Originally Posted by Bear96
That wasn't the complaint (see the thread title).
Well I would be miffed a gate agent lied to me. Don't think that is a trivial complaint at all if a lie actually took place.
Old Oct 16, 2018, 10:36 am

Programs: DL DM and 1.5 MM, UA GM, HH DM
Well I would be miffed a gate agent lied to me. Don't think that is a trivial complaint at all if a lie actually took place.
There is no proof the Red coat lied. I wait for planes every week when flights arrive early, frustrating, but it happens all the time and that does not mean the RC was not telling the truth...
Old Oct 16, 2018, 11:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Asiaflyguy
There is no proof the Red coat lied. I wait for planes every week when flights arrive early, frustrating, but it happens all the time and that does not mean the RC was not telling the truth...
You and others keep saying that. However it is a lie. Even if the plane arrived on time there would have been no gate. The flight at the gate they were scheduled to arrive at, wasn't scheduled to depart till after the scheduled arrival. Physically not possible. Instead agent lied and said because you were early no gate available. Again, even if they had arrived on time or a few minutes late there would've been no gate.
MSPeconomist and langbr01 like this.
Old Oct 16, 2018, 5:42 pm
Original Member

Programs: DL 3 MM/DM, Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, National Exec Elite
While the Red Coat did not lie, the Red Coat also did not offer an explanation. It sounds like the gate is deliberately double-booked at that time of day. It is one thing if something unplanned happens that prevents a gate from being available on arrival, but quite another if the schedule itself indicates that there will be no chance of the gate being available on arrival.
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Oct 16, 2018, 6:35 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Time to lock this up.
Obscure2k
Delta Moderator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.