Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

What is 'Europe Business' on a KLM 777-200

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4, 2018, 12:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, 2 MM; Hilton Diamond

Hey guys,

Looking at an award ticket to JNB on Jan 23rd. Routing is MCI-DTW-AMS-JNB. The MCI-DTW-AMS is delta metal. AMS to JNB is KLM and shows as 'Europe Business'. I know these exists on shorter intra Europe routes, but no idea what that is on a 777. Any thoughts on this route? Will I be stuck in Y if this is ticketed on that segment? FARE CODE - CSV1200

'Europe Business' on a KLM 777
Old Oct 4, 2018, 12:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
It's just the system being confused. Euro Business is technically the flights within Europe/N. Africa/TLV. Normal coach seating but middle seat blocked.

I noticed same thing on my last JNB booking.
Old Oct 4, 2018, 12:50 pm
Original Poster

Did you end up in coach? Or was it the real KLM business class?
Old Oct 4, 2018, 12:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by arunhn
Did you end up in coach? Or was it the real KLM business class?
It's real business. It's just Delta's system not knowing what name to correctly call it.

KLM AMS/JNB and v.v. is a great flight It's one of the few with on demand dining. They serve a regular meal to start and then rest you order food from a menu. It's reversed on way back to AMS, on demand first, and meal served prior to arrival.
Old Oct 4, 2018, 1:01 pm
Original Poster

Awesome. I probably wont' find it any cheaper than for 240K sky pesos RT MCI-JNB on this routing. Thanks for your quick reply.
Old Oct 4, 2018, 1:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Awesome. I probably wont' find it any cheaper than for 240K sky pesos RT MCI-JNB on this routing. Thanks for your quick reply.
120k is the current cheapest for US/JNB. It's slowly crept up over last year with multiple increases. Most my award are J tickets to/from JNB. One of the best valuesfor miles is business JNB-NZ/OZ or v.v.
arunhn likes this.
Old Oct 4, 2018, 2:48 pm
Formerly known as scootr29

Originally Posted by flyerCO
120k is the current cheapest for US/JNB. It's slowly crept up over last year with multiple increases. Most my award are J tickets to/from JNB. One of the best valuesfor miles is business JNB-NZ/OZ or v.v.
What does JNB-NZ/OZ or v.v mean?
Old Oct 4, 2018, 3:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by ssf556
what does jnb-nz/oz or v.v mean?
jnb-new zealand/australia
Old Oct 5, 2018, 12:28 am

Location: formerly Gold now Diamond, formerly MSY, now LAX, formerly NW, now DL
Programs: Hyatt Plat, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Delta Diamond/1MM
Yeah Europe Business is on the "domestic Europe flights" which is normal coach seats, middle seat blocked, and if it's just 2 seats on one side, everyone is in the window seat. You have more personalized service and even on a flight like BRU-AMS which flight time is 25 minutes, there's a cute little bag of a sandwich (which are really quite tasty, either egg salad or a potato salad with tomato/arugula) and a bottle of water/OJ, plus beverage service. You also get access to the lounge as well I believe.

Delta has a typo. I think officially the long hauls are World Business Class (which was co-branded with NW back in the day).
Old Oct 5, 2018, 3:09 am

Programs: Diamond Medallion, Delta Million Miler, Hyatt Globalist
Hey guys,

Looking at an award ticket to JNB on Jan 23rd. Routing is MCI-DTW-AMS-JNB. The MCI-DTW-AMS is delta metal. AMS to JNB is KLM and shows as 'Europe Business'. I know these exists on shorter intra Europe routes, but no idea what that is on a 777. Any thoughts on this route? Will I be stuck in Y if this is ticketed on that segment? FARE CODE - CSV1200

'Europe Business' on a KLM 777
its a complete ripoff IMHO. We were in it going from Frankfurt to Munich and it was 3 abreast seating on each side with the middle seat blocked off. Everything else was the same. 100% not worth it.
Old Oct 5, 2018, 3:34 am

Programs: Hilton/Marriott Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by sdadept
its a complete ripoff IMHO. We were in it going from Frankfurt to Munich and it was 3 abreast seating on each side with the middle seat blocked off. Everything else was the same. 100% not worth it.
If you'd bothered to read past the original post, you would've noticed that that's not the case on the 777.
CPMaverick, landgraf13 and arunhn like this.
Old Oct 5, 2018, 8:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by NOLAnwGOLD
Yeah Europe Business is on the "domestic Europe flights" which is normal coach seats, middle seat blocked, and if it's just 2 seats on one side, everyone is in the window seat. You have more personalized service and even on a flight like BRU-AMS which flight time is 25 minutes, there's a cute little bag of a sandwich (which are really quite tasty, either egg salad or a potato salad with tomato/arugula) and a bottle of water/OJ, plus beverage service. You also get access to the lounge as well I believe.

Delta has a typo. I think officially the long hauls are World Business Class (which was co-branded with NW back in the day).
What are you meaning? If it's 2-2 seating then both seats are used. They don't block the aisle seat.
Old Oct 5, 2018, 4:09 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL DM, AA Plat, Hertz Pres. Club. SPG Gold
jnb-new zealand/australia
What routing do you take for JNB-NZ/OZ?
Old Oct 5, 2018, 4:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by fsunole03

what routing do you take for jnb-nz/oz?
(kl)jnb-ams
. -(kl)-pvg (mu)-syd/akl
. Or (cz)-can (cz)-chc
. Or (kl/ci)-tpe (ci)-syd/bne/akl/chc
Old Oct 6, 2018, 9:02 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL DM, AA Plat, Hertz Pres. Club. SPG Gold
(kl)jnb-ams
. -(kl)-pvg (mu)-syd/akl
. Or (cz)-can (cz)-chc
. Or (kl/ci)-tpe (ci)-syd/bne/akl/chc
can you piece that together online or do you normally call?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.