Wiki Posts
Search

Choosing seats on KE

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2018, 8:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC, DL, AS
Choosing seats on KE

Seems like KE seat choosing is painful for flight booked via Delta - you need to call an agent and they don’t even have access to the map.

will this get any better soon?
Old Sep 30, 2018, 8:56 pm
t1c

Programs: AMEX, Ritz LT-Plat Prem, Hyatt Plat, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Delta Plat, United Gold, Sixt Plat
Originally Posted by virtualawrence
Seems like KE seat choosing is painful for flight booked via Delta - you need to call an agent and they don’t even have access to the map.

I would love to do this also... I have a few KE flights coming up soon...
Old Oct 23, 2018, 1:03 pm

Originally Posted by t1c
I would love to do this also... I have a few KE flights coming up soon...
I booked SFO-ICN today on delta.com and had no trouble picking seats.
Old Oct 23, 2018, 1:17 pm
t1c

Programs: AMEX, Ritz LT-Plat Prem, Hyatt Plat, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Delta Plat, United Gold, Sixt Plat
Originally Posted by sdix
I booked SFO-ICN today on delta.com and had no trouble picking seats.
I just checked my flights in Feb an its saying i cant select my seats...
Old Oct 23, 2018, 4:10 pm

Related question: One of the skyteam benefits listed on the Delta website for KE is "Preferred Seats". Considering most of the economy section is unavailable to be preselected. What does preferred seats mean? Will I get a "preferred seat" at check in or is this another benefit listed that doesn't exist in reality?
Old Oct 23, 2018, 4:12 pm

Programs: DL PM/1MM, BW DE (lifetime), HH DE, Marriott PE (lifetime), National Emerald Executive
Originally Posted by Newman55
Related question: One of the skyteam benefits listed on the Delta website for KE is "Preferred Seats". Considering most of the economy section is unavailable to be preselected. What does preferred seats mean? Will I get a "preferred seat" at check in or is this another benefit listed that doesn't exist in reality?
Apparently in case of KE "preferred" means seats way at the back. Seriously, that is what it translates to in real life. Well, at the back it is statistically safer..so that's at least something.
Old Oct 24, 2018, 4:46 pm
t1c

I just called it depends on the booking class and seats can be selected 24 hours prior or at the gate. My ticket is coded DL.
Old Oct 24, 2018, 4:56 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA 1K MM, Subway Club Member
IME — Pre-departure seat assignments are hit and miss on KE. It seems most KE passengers check-in a few hours prior to their flight and KE staff have no problem reassigning folks at random. I’d say at least 1 in every 2 of my flights have seat changes prior to departure.

Generally I’d suggest you set your expectations for KE technology at about 1995 to prevent disappointment. There are still many KE stations that don’t have any self check-in kiosks (I’m looking at you GUM) despite dispatching multiple widebody flights a day.
Old Dec 21, 2018, 2:42 am

Programs: Delta PM
Originally Posted by virtualawrence
Nope. At least not in Y. I might as well have purchased a basic economy ticket.
Old Dec 21, 2018, 8:59 am

Programs: Delta Platinum & 2MM, Marriott Lifetime TIT, Hertz Pres Club, IHG Gold, *A Gold
I recently flew KE in business class and was able to select and change my seat weeks prior to the flight on the Concur website that I booked through.
Old Dec 21, 2018, 12:27 pm

Programs: DL(PM), UA(Silver), AA(EXP) Marriott(Ti), HH(Gold), Hertz(PC)
I flew SFO-ICN-HKG return on KE last month, and had no problems getting the seats I wanted in the main cabin by using the online chat feature on their website. I had attached my Skymiles number to my itinerary (which was booked directly with KE on KE metal and KE flight numbers) and they were able to confirm STE+ status, so they gave me seats on the third or so row of the main cabin (row 30 on a 777 on most flights, one was row 31).

Also, STE+ status gave me access to the Prestige lounge at ICN, which was quite nice, and the showers were available without wait in both directions. Note that there are two Prestige lounges, "East" and "West". We visited the east one early in the morning (it's the only one open at that time, around 06:00) on the outbound flights, and it was great. The west one was visited on the return, in the evening, and it was busy but not overcrowded.
Old Dec 21, 2018, 5:15 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by fliesdelta
I flew SFO-ICN-HKG return on KE last month, and had no problems getting the seats I wanted in the main cabin by using the online chat feature on their website. I had attached my Skymiles number to my itinerary (which was booked directly with KE on KE metal and KE flight numbers) and they were able to confirm STE+ status, so they gave me seats on the third or so row of the main cabin (row 30 on a 777 on most flights, one was row 31).
What fare class? I have an upcoming trip with segments on KE, booked as DL-coded V in one direction and X in the other and both DL and KE say no advance seat selection even for DM.
Old Dec 22, 2018, 7:57 am

Programs: UA GS, Delta PM/2MM, Marriott Ambassador Elite/Lifetime Plat, Hilton Diamond
You can always ping @Delta to get your KE PNR and see if they can get you some seat assignments.
Old Dec 22, 2018, 8:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by Zorak
What fare class? I have an upcoming trip with segments on KE, booked as DL-coded V in one direction and X in the other and both DL and KE say no advance seat selection even for DM.
That's a good question. It would be useful to try to figure out the various combinations:

1. regional or long haul

2. coach or business

3. KE-coded or DL-coded

4. KE-ticketed or DL-ticketed

5. Fare buckets that are eligible vs. those that are ineligible.
Old Dec 22, 2018, 1:34 pm

Programs: DL(PM), UA(Silver), AA(EXP) Marriott(Ti), HH(Gold), Hertz(PC)
Originally Posted by Zorak
L class.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.