Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Can I get Medallion Status with this situation?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Can I get Medallion Status with this situation?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 7, 2018, 11:25 am

Programs: Delta 1MM, Delta SM, United Silver, Amx Plat, Delta Amx Plat, Six-T Plat, IHG Gold, Hilton Gold
slightly off topic but someone mentioned a new Priority Pass lounge in concourse C. Is this new, like within the past month or so??? i know there USED to be a lounge there next to the Dunkin' Donuts small walk-up thing but they closed that maybe a year ago (the name escapes me). It wasn't "grand" but sure beat not having any lounge at all. Can anyone chime in if there is a new lounge there? thanks for any info and to the OP, I very much agree - I'm 1MM on DL and STILL find this MQM, MQD, MQS stuff way confusing!!!!!!!
Old Oct 7, 2018, 12:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

BWI now has a The Club there which takes PP. It's in concourse D.
Old Oct 7, 2018, 12:22 pm

Programs: Bellevue Lifetime Premiere Mega Elite Supreme
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Elite phone lines, better IROPs handling, protection against IDBs (which are extremely rare anyway), etc. Elites in FC can be treated better than nonelites in FC.
That's an interesting thought... do you think it has to do with JWDs, or because Elites have higher expectations, etc?

I find it interesting because I've had a couple of FAs tell me that DMs seem much more easy-going and they enjoy conversing with them.
Old Oct 7, 2018, 12:43 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Putting $100,000 spend on a DL Reserve card and a DL Plat AmEx credit card will also get you 100,000 DL redeemable miles for the spend plus 100,000 bonus redeemable miles when the MQMs are earned. In addition, you get 2 extra miles per dollar spent on DL tickets, in addition to about 8 (estimated as it depends on your status at the time of travel) per dollar spent on DL fares, so this is just about enough for an annual D1 RT ticket if you're very flexible about dates and routes.
Originally Posted by ATLMike1234
Agreed - if your $100k is mostly travel, that's 300k points on the CSR, with much better redemption options than DL's inflated SkyMiles redemption levels.
Yeah, I would only recommend putting 100k spend on the DL Amx cards if you are really determined to get DM status, otherwise one needs to weigh opportunity cost of not using the CSR 3x or Amx Plat 5x on flights when DL cards only give 2x and non-transferable.

On a route like BWI-DTW, I'm not convinced that you really need DM to get upgrades. Even Gold or PM should give you pretty good upgrade frequency.
Old Oct 7, 2018, 3:53 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by soxfanndc
slightly off topic but someone mentioned a new Priority Pass lounge in concourse C D. Is this new, like within the past month or so???
It reopened as "The Club" as part of PP last May.

Long running FT thread in the Mid-Atlantic forum (scroll to later pages for recent info): Former Baltimore Airspace Lounge reopened as The Club BWI May 2017

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.