Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Delta IT glitch with upgrade list

Search this Thread

Old Nov 7, 2018, 4:35 pm

Programs: DL DM, SPG Plat 100/LT Gold, Marriott Plat, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by ijgordon
It shouldn't be the latter, as flight is a 2-2 config.; I should have mentioned that.
They were on the C+ and F waitlist before I had the agent request my C+ upgrade (which as I mentioned cleared immediately). And there are still 5+ seats left in C+. So I'm still
Any point in calling? Or more productive just to wait until the airport tomorrow? It's not that big of a deal, but it just doesn't make sense to me.
It wouldn't hurt to call.

Just today I noticed a previously requested C+ upgrade on a transatlantic hadn't cleared.

Yet a search for purchasing a new ticket, while logged in, showed C+ upgrade available.

I retoggled the request and I cleared immediately. Last seat in C+, too. It was supposedly to clear automatically but clearly didn't.

My point is, sometimes you just have to call as otherwise the system errs.
Old Nov 7, 2018, 5:16 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA Gold, Alaska MVP, Bonvoy (lol) Ambassador
It shouldn't be the latter, as flight is a 2-2 config.; I should have mentioned that.
They were on the C+ and F waitlist before I had the agent request my C+ upgrade (which as I mentioned cleared immediately). And there are still 5+ seats left in C+. So I'm still
Any point in calling? Or more productive just to wait until the airport tomorrow? It's not that big of a deal, but it just doesn't make sense to me.
Sure, you can call, but what are you hoping to achieve by calling? You're #11/13 on the list, which sounds about right for a Silver. Unless there are still at least 8-9 first class seats available, even if there was an issue and you should be #9 or 10, it won't really matter.
Old Nov 7, 2018, 6:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ethernal
Sure, you can call, but what are you hoping to achieve by calling? You're #11/13 on the list, which sounds about right for a Silver. Unless there are still at least 8-9 first class seats available, even if there was an issue and you should be #9 or 10, it won't really matter.
Well, my "hope" is that my priority is actually above the two folks who still haven't cleared into C+ by virtue of a high-ish fare class (H). Certainly there should be more than a one other silver on Q/K/L/U/T/X/V fares (now only 1 pax below me)?? On this particular flight, I wouldn't be surprised if most DM/PM/GMs already cleared, but obviously I don't know for sure. But I recognize that (1) even if I should be at a much higher position, a reservation agent may not be empowered to do anything, or really even fully understand the "situation", and (2) there's a chance the "glitch" is really impacting the two pax on the C+ list that should have cleared but didn't. (But still surprised an H fare puts me second-to-last).
Old Nov 7, 2018, 7:17 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA Gold, Alaska MVP, Bonvoy (lol) Ambassador
Well, my "hope" is that my priority is actually above the two folks who still haven't cleared into C+ by virtue of a high-ish fare class (H). Certainly there should be more than a one other silver on Q/K/L/U/T/X/V fares (now only 1 pax below me)?? On this particular flight, I wouldn't be surprised if most DM/PM/GMs already cleared, but obviously I don't know for sure. But I recognize that (1) even if I should be at a much higher position, a reservation agent may not be empowered to do anything, or really even fully understand the "situation", and (2) there's a chance the "glitch" is really impacting the two pax on the C+ list that should have cleared but didn't. (But still surprised an H fare puts me second-to-last).
So you believe that there are 12 silvers on this flight but somehow all of the DMs/PMs/GMs already cleared into First? Given Medallion distributions this would probably be 30+ people. Not sure what 2x2 plane has that many F seats...

Like others have said, it doesn't hurt to call, but I just don't know why you're surprised by your position on the upgrade list.
MarkP24 likes this.
Old Nov 7, 2018, 7:27 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by ethernal
So you believe that there are 12 silvers on this flight but somehow all of the DMs/PMs/GMs already cleared into First? Given Medallion distributions this would probably be 30+ people. Not sure what 2x2 plane has that many F seats...

Like others have said, it doesn't hurt to call, but I just don't know why you're surprised by your position on the upgrade list.
Have there been any other data points of recent glitches?
Old Nov 8, 2018, 11:59 am

Programs: Delta Platinum Medallion, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz President's Circle
Why would they have not yet cleared into C+ while I did, but be higher than me on the FC waitlist?
This is a great question. Happened to me all the time as a FO. I get C+ on most flights and usually there's someone ahead of me on the FC list who doesnt get C+ until 40 mins before departure. I usually get my C+ at the 24 hour window, too.
Old Nov 9, 2018, 5:52 pm

Programs: DL DM
Had a possible IT glitch with the upgrade list today. My first flight was operated by KE so checked in with them, received boarding passes for all 3 legs. The last leg was upgrade eligible. The DL app showed me checked in, but no mobile boarding passes. No big deal, KE agent had printed them for me. Once I got back to the states I realized I wasn’t on the upgrade list for my final flight. I wasn’t too concerned as based on the list there’s an almost zero chance of clearing. I visited the Sky Club at SEA and at checkin the club agent reprinted my boarding pass on DL stock for the final segment and all of a sudden I’m now on the list. Not sure if it was an IT glitch or just a result of being checked in by KE.
Old Nov 9, 2018, 11:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Daitheflu84
This is a great question. Happened to me all the time as a FO. I get C+ on most flights and usually there's someone ahead of me on the FC list who doesnt get C+ until 40 mins before departure. I usually get my C+ at the 24 hour window, too.
Exactly, this is what I wanted to understand but all I got was effectively "of course Silvers are toward the bottom of the standby list."

In any event, just to close the loop, I never bothered to inquire, by the time I got to the airport, there were a good 6-8 passengers behind me on the waitlist; I ended something like 11 of 17. I guess I forgot that names don't show up until pax are checked in; it's actually been a while since I've been on a coach fare as an Elite on DL...lol. Still can't explain why the 2 pax at the top of the FC waitlist hadn't cleared C+ in advance though. Interestingly the flight (this was LGA-CVG fwiw) was probably only a little over 50% full, heavy with elites. In contrast to the return today/Friday that only had a few empty seats but a much, much shorter FC upgrade list. I think I saw max 4 names on it (and only 1 on C+), I started as # 1 for FC and ended as # 2 when I cleared shortly before boarding (and I was on a lower fare class for the return).

So to recap the elite loads, for giggles -- Thurs AM LGA-CVG half empty flight with tons of elites. Fri AM CVG-LGA flight nearly full but few elites. Go figure.
Old Nov 10, 2018, 5:38 am

Programs: DL DM 3 MM AA PLAT HH Lifetime Diamond Marriott Plat AMB lifetime titanium Hertz PC
Exactly, this is what I wanted to understand but all I got was effectively "of course Silvers are toward the bottom of the standby list."

In any event, just to close the loop, I never bothered to inquire, by the time I got to the airport, there were a good 6-8 passengers behind me on the waitlist; I ended something like 11 of 17. I guess I forgot that names don't show up until pax are checked in; it's actually been a while since I've been on a coach fare as an Elite on DL...lol. Still can't explain why the 2 pax at the top of the FC waitlist hadn't cleared C+ in advance though.
DL typically has to hold two of the bulkhead seats in C+ for passengers with disabilities those are cleared at the gate. So the other part to the how the list can change is a DM that did not get upgrade to First will ask the GA what seats are left in C+ if it is a seat they prefer they will ask to be added to the list and then become number 1,

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.