Wiki Posts
Search

AF/KL flight operated by DL questions

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5, 2018, 9:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta
AF/KL flight operated by DL questions

I am flying from SEA to ARN. Flight between SEA and CDG is DL operated but if I book on DL it's $557 and if I were to book on KL or AF it would be $487. I am a gold medallion. If I book on either KL or AF, will my gold status be honored as it is a DL operated flight? Anyone have an opinion as to whether the extra miles earned booking on KL or AF (miles for distance rather than $) is worth more than gold benefits? Any chance I will be able to get a free upgrade?
Old Sep 5, 2018, 10:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by dew314
I am flying from SEA to ARN. Flight between SEA and CDG is DL operated but if I book on DL it's $557 and if I were to book on KL or AF it would be $487. I am a gold medallion. If I book on either KL or AF, will my gold status be honored as it is a DL operated flight? Anyone have an opinion as to whether the extra miles earned booking on KL or AF (miles for distance rather than $) is worth more than gold benefits? Any chance I will be able to get a free upgrade?
You still get Gold benefits. Free upgrade isn't going to happen. Even if oversold, it'll goto Diamonds and Plats first.
Old Sep 6, 2018, 12:43 am

Location: formerly Gold now Diamond, formerly MSY, now LAX, formerly NW, now DL
Programs: Hyatt Plat, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Delta Diamond/1MM
For KL or AF marketed flights, you will not get Comfort seats on Delta flights. YOu'll only get the preferred seats including exit rows (that are not C+). I had to do this recently from AMS-PDX which was AF marketed, DL operated (because I had a great deal in biz on the way there, and flew back in coach).
Old Sep 6, 2018, 3:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by NOLAnwGOLD
For KL or AF marketed flights, you will not get Comfort seats on Delta flights. YOu'll only get the preferred seats including exit rows (that are not C+). I had to do this recently from AMS-PDX which was AF marketed, DL operated (because I had a great deal in biz on the way there, and flew back in coach).
You do get. However the upgrade to C+ can only be done DoD if non-DL marketed.
Old Sep 6, 2018, 5:55 am

Programs: DL PM
Flight between SEA and CDG..... Any chance I will be able to get a free upgrade?
There are no complimentary medallion upgrades to business class on transatlantic flights.
Old Sep 6, 2018, 6:04 am

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA PE, HH Gold
The difference in price you are seeing is because you searched for "main Cabin" fares, i bet that DL offers the same $ 487 fare but as "Basic Economy".
Booking with AF/KL will give you advanced seat assigment but no access to Y+ seats untill day of departure.
Old Sep 6, 2018, 8:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The cheapest AF/KL fare classes earn only 25% miles flown for RDM. You will do somewhat better with the KL/AF marketed flights, but it won't be dramatic. No automatic C+ upgrades -- you will have to request at the gate and will likely only be cleared after all other DL elites have gone through the automatic process.
Old Sep 6, 2018, 10:24 am

Location: formerly Gold now Diamond, formerly MSY, now LAX, formerly NW, now DL
Programs: Hyatt Plat, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Delta Diamond/1MM
Likely C+ will be gone and if not, fun middle seats by DoD.

Also your mileage will be based on AF-marketed rules, based on distance.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.