Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

KLM intercontinental upgrades: actual classes?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1, 2018, 12:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC E50K MM * DL MM * HH Diamond * Marriott Lifetime Titanium * Queen's '92

I have a KLM flight booked YYZ-AMS that was originally issued in M class -- Z available through EF, so thought all was well. DL desk told me last night that now you need O class for M, but Z still ok for Y/B.

I had KLM reissue the ticket, and now this morning, the DL agent and the inter-company resource desk are claiming you need O for B as well.

Does anyone have recent experience with this and/or a published link?
Old Sep 1, 2018, 12:37 pm

Programs: DL SPlat, KLM Bump, Privium Plus, GOES
https://www.delta.com/content/www/en...ml#certificate

For travel on KLM-operated flights marketed by either Delta or Air France, this certificate may be used to upgrade on published fares booked in Y, B, or M class. Fares booked in B or M are eligible to upgrade into O class, while fares booked in Y are eligible to upgrade into Z class.
Old Sep 1, 2018, 12:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC E50K MM * DL MM * HH Diamond * Marriott Lifetime Titanium * Queen's '92
Thanks - but that is for GUC, in my case it's a mileage upgrade.
Old Sep 1, 2018, 8:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Grouchy
https://www.delta.com/content/www/en...ml#certificate

For travel on KLM-operated flights marketed by either Delta or Air France, this certificate may be used to upgrade on published fares booked in Y, B, or M class. Fares booked in B or M are eligible to upgrade into O class, while fares booked in Y are eligible to upgrade into Z class.
This conflicts with the wording right above it.

For travel on KLM-operated, Delta-marketed flights this certificate may be used to upgrade on published fares booked in Y, B, M, H, Q, K, L, U, T, X or V class and all fare classes upgrade into Z class. For travel on KLM-operated flights marketed by either Delta or Air France, this certificate may be used to upgrade on published fares booked in Y, B, or M class. Fares booked in B or M are eligible to upgrade into O class, while fares booked in Y are eligible to upgrade into Z class.
Onvipisly should be either KLM or Air France marketed. Makes me wonder if there's more to the error or if they accidentally copied the new KE GUC rules.
Old Sep 1, 2018, 8:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

OP is asking about "Mileage Upgrades Awards" which are documented here --

https://www.delta.com/content/www/en...d-more.html/#b

An M fare is eligible, but it will almost certainly require O bucket availability and not just Z (the requirement for GUC upgrades).
Old Sep 1, 2018, 8:41 pm

Programs: Bellevue Lifetime Premiere Mega Elite Supreme
Originally Posted by flyerCO
This conflicts with the wording right above it.

Onvipisly should be either KLM or Air France marketed. Makes me wonder if there's more to the error or if they accidentally copied the new KE GUC rules.
Obviously, this should be submitted to Webster for the 2019 unabridged dictionary. ;-)
bonoman likes this.
Old Sep 2, 2018, 9:11 am
Original Poster

@LBJ: Yes, that was the one link I could find, but it is left vaguely worded, and I had two agents tell me different things. The last time (a year or so back) that I booked KL flights with DL upgrade with miles, it was Y/B that needed Z, but M needed O, which was what the first agent told me, and the second denied.
Old Sep 2, 2018, 2:46 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Delta 1MM, IHG Spire, IC AMB, Hertz Pres
Can someone define the difference between KLM O and Z class, referencing Grouchy's reply yesterday??
Old Sep 2, 2018, 3:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by knkjens
Can someone define the difference between KLM O and Z class, referencing Grouchy's reply yesterday??
O is an award fare class, Z a paid one. There's generally less O than Z due to that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.