FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   MSP F/G SkyClub Upgrades and New Club (consolidated thread) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1928001-msp-f-g-skyclub-upgrades-new-club-consolidated-thread.html)

gruntermen Mar 18, 2019 9:37 pm

Originally Posted by WWads (Post 30903117)
Especially when PP often gives enough credit for a full meal and a drink.

Not at MSP. The only PP lounge is the PGA club where you get a 15 dollar voucher good at a couple of restaurants. 15 bucks is not going to cover a meal and an alcoholic beverage at airport prices. The $28 that priority pass gives at most restaurants is sufficient although it annoys me to no end that I can't use any of the $28 for a tip.

sethb Mar 18, 2019 9:47 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist (Post 30903368)
So it's not an expansion but rather a third SC in a totally different location.

It reminds me of the time when MSP had IIRC four PMNW WCs, with a couple of them being tiny rooms without many amenities.

I remember the situation at LGA D shortly after the merger, with two SkyClubs practically touching. Almost nobody could find one of them (take an immediate hard left/partial U turn after Security Theater).

DTWflyer Mar 18, 2019 10:09 pm

Good. The amount of G-G connections these days at the upper end its a hike down to the F Club or over the the C12 club.

I have always liked the C12 club and the various rooms and types of workspaces, and the views outside. Its always far more calm and quiet than the other clubs.

The F clubs stinks, its overcrowded, the seating sucks, lacks privacy, all you hear are other peoples' phone calls, the worstations too close together. Its a horrible design.

readywhenyouare Mar 18, 2019 11:30 pm

I always thought the C club was much nicer.

puck021 Mar 19, 2019 4:54 am

Originally Posted by readywhenyouare (Post 30903808)
I always thought the C club was much nicer.

here are the signs for the new G17 club with showers and deck plus new bathrooms and an expansion towards the roadway in the F/G club. That’s all good news.
https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...2d65ae0fa.jpeg
https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...390a32946.jpeg

puck021 Mar 19, 2019 4:56 am

Originally Posted by jrkmsp (Post 30903466)
I don't know if we can say for certain that the F/G SkyClub will remain after the G17 location opens. But it does seem somewhat unlikely that there would be no SkyClub in the main mall vicinity.

I just heard from the SC Manager here that the F/G and C will remain open after the G17 club opens

cliburn Mar 19, 2019 6:17 am

Just saw the sign. This is needed... particularly out there.
Although if this goes like the other airport construction, we will be waiting a long time. Work not yet started.

jdrtravel Mar 19, 2019 8:17 am

wow! That looks beautiful! SO glad to see they are not using the same design everywhere and instead giving some unique look to different clubs. The dark colors are a good idea for that climate where they will add a feeling of warmth during cold winters.

mnredfox Mar 19, 2019 1:25 pm

What’s the projected open date? About time MSP get showers.

puck021 Mar 19, 2019 1:27 pm

I heard that they are starting this summer. So 2020 late maybe

sethb Mar 19, 2019 5:13 pm

Originally Posted by gruntermen (Post 30903598)
Not at MSP. The only PP lounge is the PGA club where you get a 15 dollar voucher good at a couple of restaurants. 15 bucks is not going to cover a meal and an alcoholic beverage at airport prices. The $28 that priority pass gives at most restaurants is sufficient although it annoys me to no end that I can't use any of the $28 for a tip.

I can see they don't want to pay your friend a $20 tip on a $5 drink every time you fly. Also, I'm sure they get a big discount from the restaurants.

puck021 May 13, 2019 11:30 am

Changes to the C club coming as well.

SFTNYC May 13, 2019 11:57 am

Originally Posted by puck021 (Post 31096930)

That was probably my favorite club in the system (along with DTW B/C). Shame to see the loss of self-serve drinks and those well-divided seating areas.

Are there any other lounges in the system left in the old Northwest design (other than the DTW lounges)?

puck021 May 13, 2019 11:59 am

I think that’s it

jdrtravel May 13, 2019 12:00 pm

Originally Posted by SFTNYC (Post 31097030)
Are there any other lounges in the system left in the old Northwest design (other than the DTW lounges)?

The KLM/Air France lounge at SFO intl terminal is basically still the old NWA lounge. It was basically untouched until a couple years ago, and now they've put in some new furniture, but most of it is still in tact.