Search

No fare issued

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2018, 10:46 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, AA Plat, Hertz Pres. Club. SPG Gold
No fare issued

JFK-SIN and SIN-JFK on CI is a route I've taken multiple times using Skymiles, though I've always had to call in to book. I look up JFK-TPE and TPE-SIN (v.v) segment by segment for availability and then the DM agents put it together and book it as one thru ticket. Today I did the same, found the availability on the dates I wanted, agents found the flights, pieced it together and it keeps coming back with 'No fare issued.' I've spoken with at least 10 agents this morning, all of them are getting this message and stating these have to be booked as two separate tickets.

This is new to me as it typically always comes back at the 85k in J price. Has anyone else come across this or know any tips I should be giving to the agents to help them book this?
Old Aug 27, 2018, 10:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
They need to contact their support desk. I had this issue recently booking an award AUS-LAX-FCO-JNB on AZ. The fares were for some reason not accepting FCO as a valid transfer point. They finally just copied a fare through AMS and pricied it manually.

Last edited by flyerCO; Aug 28, 2018 at 7:08 am
Old Aug 27, 2018, 11:25 am
Suspended
Original Poster

That's what's even more frustrating - on the two of the calls they did reach out to support, who also backed up the "it needs to be two tickets to be booked" claim.
Old Aug 27, 2018, 11:31 am

Programs: DL PM/1MM, BW DE (lifetime), HH DE, Marriott PE (lifetime), National Emerald Executive
Originally Posted by FSUnole03
That's what's even more frustrating - on the two of the calls they did reach out to support, who also backed up the "it needs to be two tickets to be booked" claim.
To me this seems to point to DL moving to segment-by-segment pricing a-la-Avios.

I sure hope that I am wrong, but DL blocking more and more logical routing and leaving less and less options (if any) for through fares..
DiverDave and wxman22 like this.
Old Aug 27, 2018, 11:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
It could be that SIN is separate area that doesn't allow transit via TPE. ie they allow transit via NRT as it is where DL flies to, but otherwise it's treated just like trying to fly to India via Asia. Do they offer routing via PVG with MU for one award? If so then TPE should be allowed.
Old Aug 27, 2018, 3:08 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Are you trying for an award ticket (paid with miles) or a regular ticket (paid with money)?
Old Aug 27, 2018, 4:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Are you trying for an award ticket (paid with miles) or a regular ticket (paid with money)?
85k would be a lot to pay for a paid ticket. Think it's safe to say this is an award.
Old Aug 27, 2018, 4:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by flyerCO
85k would be a lot to pay for a paid ticket.
In TWD it would actually be a pretty decent deal.

Think it's safe to say this is an award.
Not to mention the original post says "using Skymiles" @:-)
Old Aug 27, 2018, 5:19 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Award ticket
Old Aug 27, 2018, 5:22 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

I ended up connecting with an agent who priced it out with no problem. No support desk or trying multiple different ways. But definitely frustrating how many tries it takes to get an agent who knows what they’re doing.
Old Aug 27, 2018, 7:04 pm

Programs: DL PM/1MM, BW DE (lifetime), HH DE, Marriott PE (lifetime), National Emerald Executive
Originally Posted by FSUnole03
I ended up connecting with an agent who priced it out with no problem. No support desk or trying multiple different ways. But definitely frustrating how many tries it takes to get an agent who knows what they’re doing.
Glad that you finally got it ticketed.

I just really hope that this is just a bug and not a concentrated and purposeful effort towards ever more limited through-fare pricing.
CPMaverick, Spiff and wxman22 like this.
Old Aug 28, 2018, 1:52 am

Originally Posted by RealHJ
Glad that you finally got it ticketed.

I just really hope that this is just a bug and not a concentrated and purposeful effort towards ever more limited through-fare pricing.
Pretty sure it's a bug.

If the agent prices the ticket "As Booked" it may help.

The way Award Fares are filed are quite confusing these days. Each fare essentially only allows one airline... And sometimes the system just doesn't like a particular one.

See above with AZ. I've had the issue with CI also... Occasionally with OK and KQ not combining with OAL segments.
Old Aug 28, 2018, 10:36 am

Originally Posted by WidgetTravels
Pretty sure it's a bug.

If the agent prices the ticket "As Booked" it may help.

The way Award Fares are filed are quite confusing these days. Each fare essentially only allows one airline... And sometimes the system just doesn't like a particular one.

See above with AZ. I've had the issue with CI also... Occasionally with OK and KQ not combining with OAL segments.
I've seen that first hand where MU+FM exact same route prices at double vs MU+MU or MU+CZ very same route flights and other such oddities.

Is there a workaround that, though? I mean it's not uncommon to have 2, 3, 4, even more airlines on a single award ticket. I mean you could have up to 8 airlines on an RT (4 segments each way) award ticket.

And indeed now lately there's been issues with combinability. For example, AE doesn't seem to combine with any other airline for connections, which shouldn't be so as award tickets are (should be) based on MPM and valid routing, not the underlying carriers (but the compensation is surely based to each carrier, so that is why I suspect these issues).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.