Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Probably THE BEST Flight I have ever had....

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2018, 6:19 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum, etc etc etc

Had which I could say is arguably the BEST flight ever not just on DL but ANY airline i have ever flown globally. It was all thanks to two FAs on board, one just hired a few months ago and the flight leader who I imagine has been with the company for a long time.

Everything was great and I did write in a compliment to DL (though I wish I could have done more)

Does DL actually take compliment letters seriously? I ask because I hope they are recognized. With all the terrible FAs out there these two were fantastic and I hope DL recognizes the ones who if everybody (including us ) were like these two flying would be a pleasure every time.
Old Aug 26, 2018, 6:26 pm

Programs: Bellevue Lifetime Premiere Mega Elite Supreme
Are you out of JWDs?
Old Aug 26, 2018, 6:26 pm

Programs: DL Diamond 1.7MM, Starlux Insighter, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
As one additional option, buried in one of the recent marketing emails, there is a new address you can send compliments to:

You told us you want more ways to thank Delta employees who go above and beyond to deliver exceptional service as you’re out there living the #DeltaMedallionLife. And we heard you.

Tell us about your great experience with a Delta flight attendant, pilot, Delta Sky Club ambassador, on the Diamond Medallion Member phone line, and more. And keep an eye out—your story could be featured in the future!

Send your story to [email protected]?subject=My...r%20Experience.
AANYC1981 and bgriff like this.
Old Aug 26, 2018, 7:11 pm
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
What made the flight exceptional? Honestly I can't remember any unusually good experiences, which is a good thing IMO, it indicates that the standard level of service is sufficient and more importantly that the service delivery is consistent. If one flight stuck out as "really good" in my mind I would see that as a red flag.
Old Aug 26, 2018, 8:13 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by TheHorta
Are you out of JWDs?
yep unfortunately I am out.

I know we all get generic form letters for complaints but I’m hoping compliments actually go somewhere?
Old Aug 26, 2018, 8:23 pm

Programs: Delta, Hyatt-Plat, Priority Club-Plat, Hilton-Gold
Old Aug 26, 2018, 8:39 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by vincentharris
I know we all get generic form letters for complaints but I’m hoping compliments actually go somewhere?
They do. I have gotten calls from ATL multiple times to thank me for compliments that were left via the web site feedback form (once shortly after I'd reached PM and hadn't received any JWDs yet, and a couple times for compliments I left for FAs on a regional jet) and the conversation implied that some sort of note is made in the employee's file and/or forwarded to their supersivor etc.
Old Aug 26, 2018, 9:46 pm

Programs: Delta DM/3 MM; Hertz PC; National EE; Amtrak GR; Bonvoy Silver; Via Rail Préférence
Despite Delta’s efforts to achieve consistent, uniform service across its system, this doesn’t seem possible in the real world, because some flight kitchens are better than others, and some flight attendants are more personable than others.In looking back on my trips over the years, some of the best airline meals I’ve ever had were prepared at a flight kitchen at IAD. Likewise, two of the best “Business Elite”/D1 meals I’ve ever had were on flights leaving MXP and PSA.Also, the age of the flight attendant is irrelevant. Some of the best service I’ve ever had on Delta was from flight attendants who are about my age. Some of the younger FAs provide the minimum amount of service they can get away with.
Old Aug 26, 2018, 10:29 pm

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by vincentharris
Had which I could say is arguably the BEST flight ever not just on DL but ANY airline i have ever flown globally. It was all thanks to two FAs on board
I love when that happens. I have for sure had flights where the service and general attitude of the FA's was just awesome and very memorable, and it really does help travel go so much smoother. Would love if you could share specifics of what made it great.

I have specific memories of several D1 (and BE) FA's who were just fabulous and made a trip memorable, like the gay male FA who chatted with me and my husband about our plans to have children and then shared pictures of his kids and literally teared up as we spoke about our dreams of having a family; it was such a sweet moment and lovely that it was so personal. Also, once when my spouse and I were flying in Y and we ended up chatting with one of the FA's and told him that we had been recently married, she brought us wine & glasses from F to celebrate. So lovely when this kind of thing happens and also so special and memorable.

Originally Posted by pvn
What made the flight exceptional? Honestly I can't remember any unusually good experiences, which is a good thing IMO, it indicates that the standard level of service is sufficient and more importantly that the service delivery is consistent. If one flight stuck out as "really good" in my mind I would see that as a red flag.
I don't even think this is what you actually think. You're just being contrarian as usual and frankly I'm irritated by it.
TheHorta and KevinDTW like this.
Old Aug 26, 2018, 11:39 pm

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.
Originally Posted by TheHorta
Are you out of JWDs?
What is a JWD? Is that as recognition thing for Medallion members? I just earned my Silver status from a match so maybe that's why I don't have any, but I would have given one to the purser from PRG-JFK if I had.

Also, to piggy-back on the compliment thing, can we do that for pilots too? JFK-PHX had a delay and the pilot got on the horn from the cabin (not the cockpit) to explain it, then hung around for a few minutes. As he put it, "putting on a dog and pony show while we make you wait." I liked his attitude and frankness.
Old Aug 27, 2018, 12:42 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by Gig103
What is a JWD? Is that as recognition thing for Medallion members? I just earned my Silver status from a match so maybe that's why I don't have any, but I would have given one to the purser from PRG-JFK if I had.
They're Job Well Done certificates. PMs/DMs get them in their welcome/renewal packets. They apparently have some token cash-equivalent value to the employee, but also huge performance/recognition type value at review time too, because they always seem extremely happy to receive them.

You can do a Google search for Flyertalk JWD to find the various threads.

​​​​​​
Originally Posted by Gig103
Also, to piggy-back on the compliment thing, can we do that for pilots too? JFK-PHX had a delay and the pilot got on the horn from the cabin (not the cockpit) to explain it, then hung around for a few minutes. As he put it, "putting on a dog and pony show while we make you wait." I liked his attitude and frankness.
^ I'm sure they're happy to receive positive feedback on any employee.
Old Aug 27, 2018, 2:13 am

Programs: DL DM; DL AMEX Reserve; HHonors Gold
On a 3-hour connecting flight to DTW last week I had the same thing happen. Two superb FAs. One in particular was spectacular. Attentive and friendly but not obsequious. Super accommodating with breakfast service, snacks and drinks. Made me and another anon PAX comment to each other that this kind of service is why we love DL. I’ve traveled on AA and UA a little bit lately too for schedule reasons and OMG, what comparative dreck. As I deplaned, I commented to both of the FAs what an awesome job they did and their appreciative responses made me feel that more people need to make positive comments when warranted.
Old Aug 27, 2018, 3:10 am

Programs: resoos
Some of the younger FAs provide the minimum amount of service they can get away with.
Old Aug 27, 2018, 5:55 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jdrtravel
I love when that happens. I have for sure had flights where the service and general attitude of the FA's was just awesome and very memorable, and it really does help travel go so much smoother. Would love if you could share specifics of what made it great.
It was especially great due to the fact that my flight out had the 180 degree opposite of this experience, probably the worst experience I have had on a flight. Made these 2 even more memorable for being so great!!!
Old Aug 27, 2018, 5:57 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Tomas Sicret
Some of the younger FAs provide the minimum amount of service they can get away with.
When talking with one of the 2 FA's, she was only on the job for 3 months (officially out of training)

If more FA's were like her the future of DL is looking pretty good

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.