Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

dtw - tpa flight twice diverted back to dtw in the last week.. why?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24, 2018, 9:07 am
Original Poster

DL flight 1959 (DTW - TPA) was diverted back to DTW on 8/18 and 8/20.. any idea why?
Old Aug 24, 2018, 9:25 am

Originally Posted by omaralt
DL flight 1959 (DTW - TPA) was diverted back to DTW on 8/18 and 8/20.. any idea why?
The flight operated normally both days.
Old Aug 24, 2018, 9:26 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Jeff767

The flight operated normally both days.
interesting. i was just going by flightradar
Old Aug 24, 2018, 9:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The outbound and return flights share the same flight number. Seems like this may be confusing Flightradar24 at times.
omaralt likes this.
Old Aug 24, 2018, 9:58 am

Programs: DL DM, IHG PLAT
Originally Posted by LBJ
The outbound and return flights share the same flight number. Seems like this may be confusing Flightradar24 at times.
I think you're right. I've noticed Flightradar has recently been showing several flights to GEG as diverted with most of them show as diverted to small airports like SFF. I checked today and it looks like most of the recent "diversions" had the same flight number round trip.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.