Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

medallion miles for AF flight that was cancelled?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2018, 11:19 am
Original Poster

Hello,
I wonder if anyone would know the answer to this question before I go through the process and wait on hold for a Delta representative.

Here's what happened :

I've been a Skymiles member for years, and a silver medallion member for almost as long. I've also had an AMEX Delta card for many years. This past spring, I was to take an Air France flight to Paris. The evening before the flight, I was informed that the flight had been cancelled due to rolling strikes. Luckily, the Delta agent was able to book us on another flight departing from Chicago on the same day; however, it was an AA flight. I was counting on that mileage to reach silver medallion for2019. I paid Delta Airlines for this flight, and as such I believe I should have been able to count on--and receive--this mileage, especially since it was through no fault of my own that the flight had been cancelled. I did not receive credit for the miles flown. I paid Delta, I flew under the auspices of Delta, I should receive mileage credit from Delta.

Am I right in thinking that I entitled to these medallion miles? What are my chances of having my request granted? In recent years, they've become much stingier with respect to the status program.

Many thanks for your thoughts and suggestions.
Old Aug 22, 2018, 12:51 pm

Programs: DL DM, LH SEN, Mariott Titanium
You should get you rmiles. Send the mileage request form through the website and ask for the following: "Request Original Routing Credit for the original flights due to involuntary change to other airline due to CXL"
Old Aug 22, 2018, 1:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Other option is to call. I find it's easier and less prone to error to call versus email. Email is 50/50 if they even read the message in whole.
Old Aug 22, 2018, 3:13 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by KP2006
You should get you rmiles. Send the mileage request form through the website and ask for the following: "Request Original Routing Credit for the original flights due to involuntary change to other airline due to CXL"
Thank you so much! Crossing my fingers, and I will call AND submit form request.
Old Aug 22, 2018, 3:44 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Originally Posted by distantsun
Thank you so much! Crossing my fingers, and I will call AND submit form request.
Pick one or the other. Do both and you risk having both caught in processing and then both delayed while someone tries to figure out whether you have made multiple claims for the same thing or there are two separate claims for one incident.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.