Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TPA-AMS Service Announced

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2018, 1:05 pm

Originally Posted by pfreet
Well, aren't you special :-)

For those of us who ride in the back, the 767 is a great bird for a long flight. Only one middle seat out of seven.
I was just stating a fact.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 1:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by readywhenyouare
This is stupid. It will hurt the MCO-AMS flight. MCO is a short and easy drive from Tampa. There is a bubble forming and it will burst eventually.

While I’m sure there has been some cross flow and there will likely be cross flow among many travelers depending on the fares for a given city pair, TPA still has its own established market and has 2 legacy international carriers already (BA and LH) as well as Icelandair, Edelweiss, and Norwegian. Additionally, the Tampa/St. Pete MSA has about 600,000 more people than Orlando (both also have a lot of tourism draw to the areas as well and MSA isn’t the only factor but it is one factor).

And while it won’t sustain the route alone, perhaps TPA-AMS may be hoping to capture some int’l USG traffic too? US SOCOM is HQ’ed at MacDill AFB and I believe generates a significant amount of overseas traffic, and I imagine a lot of that traffic doesn’t wait for the Rotator birds.

Last edited by ATOBTTR; Aug 23, 2018 at 1:21 pm
Old Aug 23, 2018, 1:29 pm

Originally Posted by ChiefNWA
The majority of DL's 763s were delivered between 1998 and 2000. BA has a ton of old 777s from the late 90s and the 3 LH Cityline 340s are only a year or two younger on average.

So you're either going to need to connect in the US to get on those brand spankin new tech wonders or you're flying WK, in which case, doesn't sound overly convenient for travel to/from the UK.
who are WK ?
Old Aug 23, 2018, 1:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by twincheeks

who are WK ?
Edelweiss (Switzerland).
Old Aug 23, 2018, 1:51 pm

Originally Posted by ATOBTTR

Edelweiss (Switzerland).
Thank you
Old Aug 23, 2018, 2:41 pm

Programs: DL DM+(segs)/MM, UA Ag, Hilton DM, Marriott Ti (life Pt), TSA Opt-out Platinum
Originally Posted by Joshua C
Perhaps there are some subsidies involved?
There almost always are. Even ATL was offering subsidies recently.
Old Aug 31, 2018, 4:47 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
Originally Posted by Bear96
Welcome to Central Florida!
Hah. Why thank you.
Will actually be in downtown Bradenton and have my first flight out of TPA on 9-27-18 (heading to DEN).

Will miss PBI as my home airport. Have gotten to know almost all the staff and taken very good care of me the past 4 years.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.