Wiki Posts
Search

Delta.com login issues

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2018, 10:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta 1MM/DM, *wood Lifetime Gold
Delta.com login issues

Anyone else have login issues on the new login screen? I’ve been having issues for days. It’s really frustrating.
jetsfan92588 likes this.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 10:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Worked fine for me this afternoon.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 10:17 pm
Original Poster

It works for me in the app but the website consistently doesn’t work with the new login UI.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 10:27 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold
I can't login either since they changed the login page. Several other people having the same problem here: Did Delta Just Overhaul Their Website Again?

Good to give this its own thread tho, since many people won't find it otherwise.

So far the only solution is tricking DL to give you the old version of the site.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 10:39 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by kjnangre
I can't login either since they changed the login page. Several other people having the same problem here: Did Delta Just Overhaul Their Website Again?

Good to give this its own thread tho, since many people won't find it otherwise.

So far the only solution is tricking DL to give you the old version of the site.
Any suggestion on how to trick delta into giving you the old version?

EDIT: NM, I see that deleting your cookies might end up giving you the 'old' version of the page which has no issues.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 9:59 pm

Programs: Delta DM, IHG Spire, Hertz PC, H.com Gold^3, lowly something on others...
The new landing page UI is buggy as it can be and you are not the only one having log issue. I've never hated an UI change as much as this. The issue is that the only land page changed, the rest of pages are still using old UI, so it's not a seamless experience at all...
Old Aug 21, 2018, 11:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
I haven't been able to book tickets for last couple hours. It keeps erroring out on both app and m.delta.com (on phone so haven't tried desktop version). One time it'll at least pull fares and flight options, next it won't even do that.
Old Aug 22, 2018, 1:00 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat
The new login just does not work for me in Chrome last few days. Even tried disabling all extensions and blockers. I only managed to get the old login in safari once the other day. You would think Delta IT would roll this back until they fix the issue.
Old Aug 22, 2018, 5:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'm getting the old login page now. Haven't made any changes to my browser and didn't have any problems with the new login page.
Old Aug 22, 2018, 6:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Got the new login page at home yesterday... had to reload it several times before it would function.

Had the old login earlier this morning and worked fine. Just went back and got the 'new and improved' login page, and it took a while to load but eventually worked. Don't they test this crap? Talk about the most basic functionality... to be able to log in so you can buy or do anything with tickets. Why did they even change it? Looks like part of the continued effort to make websites crappier and have more empty/wasted space for everything.
Old Aug 22, 2018, 10:43 am

Can't login on the new one either. Wonder if it has some password length limitation, my password is around 20 characters.
Old Aug 26, 2018, 6:03 pm

Programs: Delta - PM , MM; Hilton - Diamond, Marriott - Peon
Anyone seen this?

I have my DL# and p/w stored so I just click logon. The stored URL I have used for years is: https://www.delta.com/custlogin/loginPage.action

Then the site populates the browser with this: https://www.delta.com/login/loginPage?refreshURL=null

And finally craps out with a 404 error becasue the site www.delta.comnull is garbage. Happens on IE and Firefox. It has however logged me in, as if I go to the link again I get straight in and see my stuff.

I really dislike what they have done to 'improve' the site also. The drop down menus are a mess, if I don't move the mouse exactly right then the dropdown is replaced with the one for an adjacent menu. Very poor design.
Old Aug 26, 2018, 8:50 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by tanglin
Anyone seen this?

I have my DL# and p/w stored so I just click logon. The stored URL I have used for years is: https://www.delta.com/custlogin/loginPage.action

Then the site populates the browser with this: https://www.delta.com/login/loginPage?refreshURL=null

And finally craps out with a 404 error becasue the site www.delta.comnull is garbage. Happens on IE and Firefox. It has however logged me in, as if I go to the link again I get straight in and see my stuff.
If I understand correctly, it's not entirely surprising that the form target may have changed in some way that your browser or PW manager's remembered URL results in breakage. You're essentially bypassing the fill-out form entirely and just doing a form POST directly to the handler.

I just logged in with the Network tab turned on in Developer Tools and the URL that it POSTs to is https://www.delta.com/login/login/loginCustomer so you could try updating your saved site info and see if that helps?

Originally Posted by tanglin
I really dislike what they have done to 'improve' the site also. The drop down menus are a mess, if I don't move the mouse exactly right then the dropdown is replaced with the one for an adjacent menu. Very poor design.
I hate that too -- it requires the user to be careful and scroll vertically downward before trying to go left or right because if you "cut the corner" too closely it switches to the adjacent menu as you said

----

Incidentally for anyone who was having trouble logging in with the "Whoops your credentials are wrong" message, that seems to have been fixed for me and I am able to login even to the new-style login page without having to delete cookies. So at least there's that.
Old Aug 26, 2018, 9:15 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Zorak
Incidentally for anyone who was having trouble logging in with the "Whoops your credentials are wrong" message, that seems to have been fixed for me and I am able to login even to the new-style login page without having to delete cookies. So at least there's that.
Thanks! Me too! Successful login for the first time in 2 weeks!
Old Aug 27, 2018, 5:01 am

Programs: Delta - PM , MM; Hilton - Diamond, Marriott - Peon
Zorak, thanks for the info. I will let you know what happens, but right now I get this when I access that URL.

THANKS FOR YOUR PATIENCE

We’re experiencing temporary technical issues serving our customers on delta.com and the Fly Delta mobile app. We apologize for the delay, and are working to restore the site as quickly as possible. Some suggestions for your consideration:
  • This page refreshes itself every 15 seconds, or you may try again later to complete your intended task.
  • If you’re checking in, an agent will be happy to assist you at the airport.
  • If you’re booking a flight or modifying an existing flight, please try again soon.
  • For immediate assistance, you may contact a Delta representative at 1-800-221-1212, or via @Delta on Twitter.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.