Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Question regarding China Eastern's A330 fleet

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 17, 2018, 7:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: Skymiles

Flew a China domestic RT from PVG to PEK. Both A330s did not have individual air vents above the seats. One leg the plane was warm, the return leg the plane was nice and chilly.

Looking to fly PVG-SYD, possibly on a CE A330. Does anyone know if they have different A330s for international routes? Possibly with a personal air vent? I don't want to be stuck on a 10hr flight baking the entire time because the Chinese like things toasty.
Old Aug 17, 2018, 7:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
This probably belongs in the MU forum (or "Other Asian Carriers" or something).

But, last I flew an MU A330 was 2 years ago PVG>AKL. Photos we took in the cabin show no air vents in J. I suppose it's possible they got added with a refurb, but unlikely.

I was quite comfortable IIRC, but then again I have some Chinese blood and live in ATL, so...
Old Aug 17, 2018, 8:04 am

Programs: Delta DM, Hilton Gold
Asian airlines in my experience tend to not have individual air vents on planes, and do like to keep the plane warm ( KE the biggest culprit here )

I will say that the 333 used on regional routes does differ from intercontinental flights ( reverse herringbone J seats versus old style J seats )
Old Aug 17, 2018, 8:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: Skymiles
Originally Posted by jmertic
Asian airlines in my experience tend to not have individual air vents on planes, and do like to keep the plane warm ( KE the biggest culprit here )

I will say that the 333 used on regional routes does differ from intercontinental flights ( reverse herringbone J seats versus old style J seats )
Oh no, KE was the other option I was looking at
Old Aug 17, 2018, 5:18 pm

Programs: Skymiles Gold
I second this should probably be moved.

That said. I flew PEK-NKG-SYD on MU on an A330 back in May. I don't remember air vents explicitly, but I don't remember missing/needing them, as I was quite comfortable temperature wise. My biggest gripe about that airplane was the last 30 min of flight was dedicated to some low-budget in-house video on Tai Chi and you couldn't watch anything else. Didn't have that video on the 777 they fly to JFK.
Old Aug 17, 2018, 5:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Air vents seem to be something only a handful of airlines offer these days, mostly North American carriers.
Old Aug 18, 2018, 2:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by mindspin_311
Flew a China domestic RT from PVG to PEK. Both A330s did not have individual air vents above the seats. One leg the plane was warm, the return leg the plane was nice and chilly.

Looking to fly PVG-SYD, possibly on a CE A330. Does anyone know if they have different A330s for international routes? Possibly with a personal air vent? I don't want to be stuck on a 10hr flight baking the entire time because the Chinese like things toasty.
Flu them frequently and am heat intolerant. No issues. The Chinese aren't bad on planes. KE is the worst. I bring a small USB fan with me nowadays. Even if warm can cool down using it.
Old Aug 18, 2018, 3:59 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

MU is no longer a horrible airline IMO.
Old Aug 18, 2018, 4:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by flyerCO
Flu them frequently
That sucks. Hope you're feeling better before your next flight!
TheHorta and Weekend Away like this.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 5:08 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL DM, AA Plat, Hertz Pres. Club. SPG Gold
I have flown on many MU A330's and 77W's over the last couple years and not one has had any air vents. I also get hot easily on planes and not once have I had any problem on them. I'd say they do a good job keeping the temperature comfortable.
mindspin_311 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.