FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   Question regarding China Eastern's A330 fleet (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1925658-question-regarding-china-easterns-a330-fleet.html)

mindspin_311 Aug 17, 2018 7:23 am

Question regarding China Eastern's A330 fleet

Flew a China domestic RT from PVG to PEK. Both A330s did not have individual air vents above the seats. One leg the plane was warm, the return leg the plane was nice and chilly.

Looking to fly PVG-SYD, possibly on a CE A330. Does anyone know if they have different A330s for international routes? Possibly with a personal air vent? I don't want to be stuck on a 10hr flight baking the entire time because the Chinese like things toasty.

gooselee Aug 17, 2018 7:36 am

This probably belongs in the MU forum (or "Other Asian Carriers" or something).

But, last I flew an MU A330 was 2 years ago PVG>AKL. Photos we took in the cabin show no air vents in J. I suppose it's possible they got added with a refurb, but unlikely.

I was quite comfortable IIRC, but then again I have some Chinese blood and live in ATL, so...

jmertic Aug 17, 2018 8:04 am

Asian airlines in my experience tend to not have individual air vents on planes, and do like to keep the plane warm ( KE the biggest culprit here )

I will say that the 333 used on regional routes does differ from intercontinental flights ( reverse herringbone J seats versus old style J seats )

mindspin_311 Aug 17, 2018 8:07 am

Originally Posted by jmertic (Post 30093531)
Asian airlines in my experience tend to not have individual air vents on planes, and do like to keep the plane warm ( KE the biggest culprit here )

I will say that the 333 used on regional routes does differ from intercontinental flights ( reverse herringbone J seats versus old style J seats )

Oh no, KE was the other option I was looking at :(

Weekend Away Aug 17, 2018 5:18 pm

I second this should probably be moved.

That said. I flew PEK-NKG-SYD on MU on an A330 back in May. I don't remember air vents explicitly, but I don't remember missing/needing them, as I was quite comfortable temperature wise. My biggest gripe about that airplane was the last 30 min of flight was dedicated to some low-budget in-house video on Tai Chi and you couldn't watch anything else. Didn't have that video on the 777 they fly to JFK.

travelinmanS Aug 17, 2018 5:58 pm

Air vents seem to be something only a handful of airlines offer these days, mostly North American carriers.

flyerCO Aug 18, 2018 2:42 am

Originally Posted by mindspin_311 (Post 30093388)
Flew a China domestic RT from PVG to PEK. Both A330s did not have individual air vents above the seats. One leg the plane was warm, the return leg the plane was nice and chilly.

Looking to fly PVG-SYD, possibly on a CE A330. Does anyone know if they have different A330s for international routes? Possibly with a personal air vent? I don't want to be stuck on a 10hr flight baking the entire time because the Chinese like things toasty.

Flu them frequently and am heat intolerant. No issues. The Chinese aren't bad on planes. KE is the worst. I bring a small USB fan with me nowadays. Even if warm can cool down using it.

moondog Aug 18, 2018 3:59 am

MU is no longer a horrible airline IMO.

gooselee Aug 18, 2018 4:21 am

Originally Posted by flyerCO (Post 30096451)
Flu them frequently

That sucks. Hope you're feeling better before your next flight! ;) :D

FSUnole03 Aug 19, 2018 5:08 pm

I have flown on many MU A330's and 77W's over the last couple years and not one has had any air vents. I also get hot easily on planes and not once have I had any problem on them. I'd say they do a good job keeping the temperature comfortable.