Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

What is going on with Delta? - Employees mad at management?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What is going on with Delta? - Employees mad at management?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2018, 1:24 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by readywhenyouare
I would like to see the DOT set block times for flights. The padding is getting ridiculous and DL only does it to avoid having to pay compensation and to make their on time stats look perfect. What's to stop them from blocking ATL-SAV at six hours? JFK-LAX at 24 hours? Then they could have a 99.99% on time rate.
What compensation? It would only apply to flights exEU by EC261. USA DOT doesn't require compensation for flight delays.
Old Aug 18, 2018, 7:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM & 2MM™, Lifetime HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by BenA

It depends on whether you live somewhere where winter weather is a Thing(tm). Here in warmer climates, summer is still very much in progress for another week or two.

Travel volumes don’t fully subside until after Labor Day.
That wasn't my point. The post said this is the "busiest stretch of travel." I know that many haven't gone back to school yet but many have too. That doesn't sound like it adds up to the busiest to me. I haven't found that the school calendar isn't all that temperature specific. The NE tends to start in September and end in late June. Here they start around the first of August and are done in early May. We are both still warm now and both cold in the winter.
Old Aug 18, 2018, 8:16 am
Suspended

Programs: DL DM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum, etc etc etc
I have been on a minimum of 2 flights per week every week during the "peak summer travel" and oddly enough have had the opposite experience. Usually there is something to gripe about but the crews and ground staff have been pleasant to excelling in their jobs.

I know this is a VERY selective sample but merely my opinion.....

Also a vast majority of my flights have been out west this summer (including SLC) and again have had great experiences

Last edited by vincentharris; Aug 18, 2018 at 1:38 pm
Old Aug 18, 2018, 8:26 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Luckily my travel rarely touches the west, but I have two straight weekends of flying coming up, via ATL and MSP. I’ll report if I notice anything.

FWIW, my DL experiences are almost always great. CVG and BTR have great employees. DCA can be hit or miss, but the SC agents and bartenders make up for it. ATL is ATL, but despite the poor quality GAs, things usually work there.

That being said, I have noticed a moderate decline in FA morale over the last year. That’s bad, especially with talk of another unionization vote.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.