Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

AMEX companion cert - only companion takes return flight?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AMEX companion cert - only companion takes return flight?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10, 2018, 9:56 am
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
Asking to separate the reservation sounds risky. It's not clear what would happen if the PNR is split.
gooselee likes this.
Old Aug 10, 2018, 10:54 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by TheHorta

So, you were fornicating out of wedlock?!
was this a question from the department of redundancy department?

fornication means sex between two people who are not married.
TheHorta likes this.
Old Aug 10, 2018, 12:07 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy, Delta Sky Miles, and S&H Green Stamps
Originally Posted by jrl767

I have posted on several occasions that this indeed happened my conference was going for another day, but my then-girlfriend had to get back to work since she was out of vacation days; maybe half an hour after the flight was supposed to depart, she called the room from the front desk of the Dayton Marriott to have me come down to pay the airport cab

granted, this was in 1986 on TWA, but Ive certainly never even entertained the thought of doing it again ... and were still married ...
Richard Gere?
Old Aug 10, 2018, 12:25 pm

Programs: Delta Kryptonium
Originally Posted by SamOF

I had a similar issuewhen I immigrated to the US in 1913, my brother used an Amex companion cert for the steamship from Gdansk. At the last minute he decided to stay in Poland, and they yanked me off the ship because I wasnt traveling with the primary cardholder anymore.
I think there's a typo here, AMEX did not exist in 1913.
Old Aug 10, 2018, 1:28 pm

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by rubesl
I think there's a typo here, AMEX did not exist in 1913.

Actually, they started as an express mail service in 1850.
Old Aug 10, 2018, 3:19 pm

Originally Posted by SamOF

I had a similar issuewhen I immigrated to the US in 1913, my brother used an Amex companion cert for the steamship from Gdansk. At the last minute he decided to stay in Poland, and they yanked me off the ship because I wasnt traveling with the primary cardholder anymore.
Did an employee get your berth? I smell Shena... Did they make you walk the plank? Did you drink all the Woodford in the SeaClub before departure? I think there's much more to this story.
Steve
SamOF likes this.
Old Aug 10, 2018, 3:27 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Getting back to the original issue while people predict gloom and doom if the companion tries to fly without the primary, I forget whether the reverse is true.

i.e. I can't imagine they'd care nearly as much if the primary tried to fly without the companion (although presumably all downline companion segments would still be removed).

_If_ that is case, and if this is the best candidate for using the certificate (i.e. if it doesn't make sense for you to hold onto it for some other opportunity) then unless OP is counting on every MQM, there is nothing that says the cardholder needs to be the primary, -- you could try book it with the other person as the primary traveller on the reservation, and OP listed as the companion.
Old Aug 10, 2018, 4:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by El Boocho
Did an employee get your berth? I smell Shena... Did they make you walk the plank? Did you drink all the Woodford in the SeaClub before departure? I think there's much more to this story.
Steve
I wouldn't mind getting a drink at the Seaclub: https://www.seaclub.com/en/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.