Wiki Posts
Search

A350 Advice

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5, 2018, 5:54 pm
Original Poster

A350 Advice

Hello all,
Very excited to get to use miles to upgrade reasonably to the new Delta One Suites for ATL-ICN this week and ICN - ATL next week. Any advice to maximize the experience? Also, any special lounge access when I come back Delta One from ICN?

Also, any particular meals that are REALLY good or should not be missed?

Lastly, does the WIFI work all the way from ATL-ICN or just over the US?

Thanks,

Adam
Old Aug 5, 2018, 6:39 pm

A350 will have 2Ku Wifi by Gogo. See the image below from gogo's website (https://www.gogoair.com/commercial/i...t-systems/2ku/) for current coverage. As long as the transponder on the plane is working, you will have coverage for almost the entire trip, depending on the exact route your plane ends up flying.

GOGO Coverage
Old Aug 5, 2018, 8:56 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Please report back on whether the window seats located next to the window or next to the suite door are better. They're staggered and alternate from one row to the next, like the 767 D1 seats, according to the seat map. [At the moment, I'll be trying both versions on an A350 RT in a couple months, door outbound and window on the return.]
Old Aug 5, 2018, 9:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Please report back on whether the window seats located next to the window or next to the suite door are better. They're staggered and alternate from one row to the next, like the 767 D1 seats, according to the seat map. [At the moment, I'll be trying both versions on an A350 RT in a couple months, door outbound and window on the return.]
However it looks like the rows are opposite a 767. Ie window seats are even rows and aisle seats odd.
Old Aug 6, 2018, 7:25 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta-pm, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-PP
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Seats closer to the door give you a little extra cubby for your things. Other than that, no difference. I do not like the middle section due to lack of air vents.
Old Aug 6, 2018, 1:48 pm

I prefer the odd numbered window seats . They seem the most private and furthest from the aisle . Note that the middle duo seats do not have individual air nozzles or overhead bins - only the side solo seats have them . The Korean meal can be requested and reserved from the special meals list . I found the Korean meal very appetizing and quite filling . Enjoy ! The A350 is a great ride .
Old Aug 6, 2018, 9:10 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Mister Nice
Note that the middle duo seats do not have individual air nozzles or overhead bins - only the side solo seats have them
Just to be clear, there's plenty of overhead space on the sides for every business class passenger. Every J passenger could each bring 2 rollaboards and it would all fit fine
Old Aug 6, 2018, 9:24 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by flyerCO
However it looks like the rows are opposite a 767. Ie window seats are even rows and aisle seats odd.
No, the 350 is the exact same as the 767, odd # seats are closer to the window and even # seats are closer to the aisle. There are only 3 odd # window rows, so it's difficult to snag one as it seems most like being closer to the window.

Old Aug 6, 2018, 11:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
I was going by a photo and it seemed to show the video screen on the outside for row 1. Good to know since I prefer row 1.
Old Aug 7, 2018, 7:22 am
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
Originally Posted by flyerCO
I was going by a photo and it seemed to show the video screen on the outside for row 1. Good to know since I prefer row 1.
Row 1 is only the middle section. The window seats start at row 2.
Old Aug 7, 2018, 7:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by pvn
Row 1 is only the middle section. The window seats start at row 2.
Ok then that's why I was confused. I didn't realize the window rows started at 2 instead of 1. Then the picture I saw makes sense. Thanks.
Old Feb 7, 2019, 4:15 pm

Programs: DL PM
I would avoid row 1. Lav door/light is opposite these two seats. Seemed to be annoying to me with all the foot traffic and door opening and closing (when I was going to the lav)

As an aside, do people feel the middle seats get too warm? I have only sat by the window, but have an upcoming trip with spouse and want to know if sitting in middle gets too warm.
Old Feb 7, 2019, 4:25 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond, Delta 2MM, HHonors Gold, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by DLX5
I would avoid row 1. Lav door/light is opposite these two seats. Seemed to be annoying to me with all the foot traffic and door opening and closing (when I was going to the lav)

As an aside, do people feel the middle seats get too warm? I have only sat by the window, but have an upcoming trip with spouse and want to know if sitting in middle gets too warm.
After hearing so many "middle gets hot" complaints, my wife and I "split up." I love her but 5A and 5D for us to Shanghai.
Old Feb 7, 2019, 4:46 pm

Programs: DL PM
Originally Posted by Mileage Lover
After hearing so many "middle gets hot" complaints, my wife and I "split up." I love her but 5A and 5D for us to Shanghai.
Ha. I was thinking the same thing. Not sure how much conversation you can have with that opening in the middle anyway.

Put us in 7a/d when we flew to JNB and marriage survived.
dalehill likes this.
Old Feb 7, 2019, 5:17 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by DLX5
Put us in 7a/d when we flew to JNB and marriage survived.
Turns out that taking 7A and putting her in 41F doesn't work as well tho

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.