Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Potential IRROPS NCE - JFK

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4, 2018, 6:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by kajonesbu
Got to the Sky Priority desk to rebook and inquire about hotel/food options and once again Delta totally dropped the ball.

Keep in mind at this point the delay has been 4 plus hours and we’re not rebooked until tomorrow morning and the agent has the nerve to say “let me see if you qualify for a hotel”. This was after I asked about it, wasn’t even offered. Only hotel option was a dump 12 miles away in Flushing although closer options were available. Also was informed that the hotel doesn’t have a food option and since we can’t clear security there may not be an option to eat. After I started arguing with her again she said maybe the voucher would work at the arrival restaurant “Central something”.

After about 10 minutes of back and forth I took my crappy hotel voucher and decided to throw it in the dumpster and book my own accommodations. The agent never did give me the food vouchers.

Once we get home tomorrow my wife and I plan on taking the whole experience up with the Medallion line.
Due to lingering effects of weather at JFK, and weather North by Boston, JFK is a crap show. You can book your own hotel and get reimbursed. I tend to just skip asking for a voucher nowadays. Never had issue getting check. Of course some can't afford to float the cost. However I get a hotel I like this way. When you claim EU261 comp make sure to tell tgem to included a meal stipend since none was given. If they didn't give you a taxi voucher you can submit receipt for that also.
Old Aug 4, 2018, 7:26 pm

I might have tried for the 10 pm sprint flight out of Lga. Unfortunately, Gates are often an issue at Jfk. There really aren’t too many decent places to stay near Jfk.
Old Aug 5, 2018, 7:54 am

Programs: VA-PLT, QF-GLD, DL-GM, UA-ex1K, AA-exPLT, HH-DM, IHG-PLT, MR-GLD
Originally Posted by kajonesbu
Got to the Sky Priority desk to rebook and inquire about hotel/food options and once again Delta totally dropped the ball.

Did you try the app? That was the best advice in the thread IMO and you had time to post on FT while onboard, so you had internet. Not sure why you waited all that time to go to the desk instead of calling or using the app. Unless the wait time was long on the phone and the app didn't work for some reason?
Old Aug 5, 2018, 9:05 am

Programs: DL DM, AA EXP, various hotel
Originally Posted by af fp
Sixty minutes seems impossible, ninety sounds barely do-able.check your options when you get there! The good news is that it is pouring rain here and there is a good chance the ORD flight will be delayed too.
Not relevant to the OP anymore, but this is crazy! I've made it through JFK immigration with global entry in less than 5 minutes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.