Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Contacting a specific Sky Club directly

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3, 2018, 1:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, HHonors Diamond, Hertz PC

Hi all - question.

I am flying with my mother from BWI to GUA today. Weather has messed up our flights - I was able to get her on an earlier flight, but I'm still on the delayed DL1271.

Here's my question. I'm skyclub member with 'companion pass' or whatever its called, so I can get two people to come in with me.

I fully understand this is outside standard operating procedure - but I was wondering if there was a way to call the club and ask if they would let her ahead of my arrival to ATL.

Again - I get this is me asking a favor of the SC but can't see that there's any public phone numbers to contact them to ask.

Just trying to do something nice for my mom during her several hour layover. No major deal if it doesn't work but just trying to see. Thx for any advice -
Old Aug 3, 2018, 2:14 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
I'd try contacting Twitter to see if they can pass a message to a Sky Club (picking a specific one may help), and sending your mom a screenshot of your digital membership card off your phone. If she has that plus your travel details/PNR information and they can see you're inbound (and continuing on together)... maybe?

Dunno if it'll work but that's what I'd try in that situation anyway...
Old Aug 3, 2018, 3:50 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Very unlikely that this will work. Regretably, there is so much (attempted) fraud by cheapskates trying to beat the day pass fees, that SC policy is relatively rigid and the SC reception people are putting themselves on the line.

This isn't to say that your mom won't succed. Just that the two of you have to plan on a "no" even if someone else at DL says Yes. Why not give her your card along with your PNR and e-ticket number written out and an explanation from you that you were involuntarily separated. If that doesn't work, just have your mom purchase the day pass and she can still have some relief while waiting.
Old Aug 3, 2018, 3:55 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by Often1
This isn't to say that your mom won't succed. Just that the two of you have to plan on a "no" even if someone else at DL says Yes. Why not give her your card along with your PNR and e-ticket number written out and an explanation from you that you were involuntarily separated. If that doesn't work, just have your mom purchase the day pass and she can still have some relief while waiting.
Agreed. And this suggests a fallback plan: she could ask to buy a day pass and see if they'll refund it when you arrive.
Old Aug 3, 2018, 6:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, HHonors Diamond, Hertz PC
I appreciate this feedback -

Thank you. I ended up buying her a day pass -

Fully realize it wasn't an especially reasonable request to begin with - but when it comes to your parents, you do what you can.
Dave737 likes this.
Old Aug 3, 2018, 7:39 pm

Programs: Delta PM, 1MM
Originally Posted by DCADeltaRoadWarrior
I appreciate this feedback -

Thank you. I ended up buying her a day pass -

Fully realize it wasn't an especially reasonable request to begin with - but when it comes to your parents, you do what you can.
Good move on your part. You’ve saved her the potential embarrassment of being turned away from the Sky Club.
Dave737 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.