Wiki Posts
Search

Irops rebooked f class. Double mqm?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31, 2018, 7:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta, Hilton, Hertz
Irops rebooked f class. Double mqm?

im sorry if posted before. My flight tonight cancelled. Rebooked tomorrow in f class. Will this get double mqm?
Old Jul 31, 2018, 7:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
a few years ago, chances were pretty good ... now, not so much
Old Jul 31, 2018, 7:49 pm

Yes. you should. A while ago I was booked into F for SDC and got the 100% bonus.
Old Jul 31, 2018, 8:14 pm

Programs: Delta DM/3 MM; Hertz PC; National EE; Amtrak GR; Bonvoy Silver; Via Rail Préférence
I can report that I got rebooked into full F class on an IRROP back on 6/23/18, and I did receive double MQMs for the two affected segments (LAX-ATL and ATL-DCA).
Old Jul 31, 2018, 8:20 pm

Programs: DL PM 1.5 MM , Hilton Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Plat
Happened to me late last year. SDCd from one flight to another and they had to manually reissue my ticket. Turns out there was availability on the new flight, but it was full F and not the cheap A fare I had purchased. After my flight I saw that I had received 200% and not the expected 150% for that leg.
Old Jul 31, 2018, 8:31 pm

Programs: Delta DM MM, IHG Plat, Hilton DM, Marriott SE, Emerald EE, Oakdale Gun Club, NRA & GOA Life Member
I've had it happen about a half dozen times in the past 7 or 8 years and only the last time did I get the double MQMs.
Old Jul 31, 2018, 8:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
If it does happen occasionally, threads like this will make sure it gets 'fixed'... Can we lock/delete this?
Old Jul 31, 2018, 10:47 pm

My understanding is that they track fare class paid and fare class flown now. MQMs are based on fare class paid. If they end up modifying that field during the reissue then you'll get the additional bonus. Obviously they are trying to crack down on this and prevent people from earning more than what they paid for, so I'd say unlikely that you get it, but a welcome surprise if you do.
Old Jul 31, 2018, 11:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by rylan
If it does happen occasionally, threads like this will make sure it gets 'fixed'... Can we lock/delete this?
it's not a system issue. It's a matter of how the agent reissues the ticket. In most cases the method they use will result in earning per the original paid fare. However sometimes due to issues, or just to be quick, ticket gets reissued in manner that causes earnings per the rebooked flights.
cmx likes this.
Old Aug 1, 2018, 6:39 am

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
Originally Posted by flyerCO
it's not a system issue. It's a matter of how the agent reissues the ticket. In most cases the method they use will result in earning per the original paid fare. However sometimes due to issues, or just to be quick, ticket gets reissued in manner that causes earnings per the rebooked flights.
And I doubt Delta is losing any sleep over this. You don't get extra RDMs, and nobody is getting to DM unless they meet the spending requirement or spend a quarter of a million on their Amex card.

Doesn't happen that much, and really doesn't cost Delta anything when it does.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.