Wiki Posts
Search

Delta Took Care of my Mom Today

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18, 2018, 11:14 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Plat
Delta Took Care of my Mom Today

Plenty of rants about delta messing up so I thought I'd share my mom's experience today.

Bad weather yesterday fudged up JFK and LGA today. her original flight was for 12:45 arriving at 3:30. that flight was delayed 5 hours.
So we switched her to LGA DTW CLT which got her in at 4:25 an hour late instead of 4 hours late. (Only flight offered to her online and the phone hold time was an hour plus)
When she got to LGA the agents without my mom even asking went out of their way and got her onto the 1PM LGA CLT flight. Which she is on right now.
Which is fantastic as she needs a wheelchair and doing a connection would have been difficult for her even though she was excited to visit Detroit lol.

She also apparently made friends with the GA and got their number. Now I haven't been told if the GA was male or female. So unsure if I have a new stepdad or not.
Old Jul 18, 2018, 11:35 am

Programs: Non-Affiliated
Originally Posted by HWGeeks
She also apparently made friends with the GA and got their number. Now I haven't been told if the GA was male or female. So unsure if I have a new stepdad or not.
LOL. But if you do, think of the flight benefits!
hi55us, HWGeeks and TetonSig like this.
Old Jul 18, 2018, 12:22 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by HWGeeks
Plenty of rants about delta messing up so I thought I'd share my mom's experience today.

Bad weather yesterday fudged up JFK and LGA today. her original flight was for 12:45 arriving at 3:30. that flight was delayed 5 hours.
So we switched her to LGA DTW CLT which got her in at 4:25 an hour late instead of 4 hours late. (Only flight offered to her online and the phone hold time was an hour plus)
When she got to LGA the agents without my mom even asking went out of their way and got her onto the 1PM LGA CLT flight. Which she is on right now.
Which is fantastic as she needs a wheelchair and doing a connection would have been difficult for her even though she was excited to visit Detroit lol.

I was on that flight and your mom had him blushing like a teenage boy. I'd say you can expect a buddy pass shortly.
Old Jul 18, 2018, 7:30 pm

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by james318
LOL. But if you do, think of the flight benefits!
Originally Posted by Billy Mumphrey
I was on that flight and your mom had him blushing like a teenage boy. I'd say you can expect a buddy pass shortly.
I'm not sure a buddy pass is a good way of expressing thanks with the difficulty in successful usage. That said I do agree I wish there was a thread detailing when DL goes out of their way to make a difficult situation better.

A month ago mrs tvtd was flying late afternoon IAD-ATL-CMH for a meeting the next morning she could not miss followed by a late evening return. WX hit ATL severely delaying IAD-ATL and ATL-CMH. She has no status at all, I was not with her. I contacted the Twitter desk for her and they backed her up on the following flight. When the IAD-ATL delay turned worse I called the Diamond Desk who also backed her up on the first flight out should ATL-CMH cancel.

The next evening mrs tvtd was allowed to initiate a SDS on an earlier CMH-ATL flight with no fee, and a co-terminal return to DCA.
gretchendz likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.