Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Our Hell with Delta. Advice needed

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14, 2018, 6:33 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
OP - This is still way, way, way too long and it lacks the critical details which might get you some advice.

If you are approaching DL, you will need to trim this to 3-4 short declarative sentences.
Old Jul 14, 2018, 6:41 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Colin
fly nonstop dude, especially with a lap child
The initial flight was non-stop unfortunately.

Yes I realised I should be purchased however I think I can be forgiven for asking the company who confirmed everything was fine and no further action required
jdrtravel likes this.
Old Jul 14, 2018, 7:36 pm

Programs: UA 1K and Million Miler, *A Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hertz Five Star,
Just write Delta the letter and ..... hard about the the tickets and the baggage. Their is something weird here because I don’t understand WHY THE ROUTING WOULD CHaNGE SO MUCH. I mean schedules can cause times to change but did Delta/Air France drop certain flights?

anyways, sorry to hear about what happened.
Old Jul 14, 2018, 7:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by readywhenyouare
Not every city has a nonstop flight to Paris.

Even a city as big as Orlando has no nonstop flight to CDG.
I don’t think this is correct. It appears Norwegian has nonstop service on MCO-CDG though I have no idea on the frequency.
Old Jul 14, 2018, 10:13 pm

Programs: DL DM
Correct me if I am wrong, but you cannot book a reservation with an infant in the record online. If that is true and you booked online, Delta would not know you had an infant traveling with you. Let’s start there.
Old Jul 14, 2018, 11:13 pm

Programs: DL PM MM, Marriott Titanium
This story confuses me. I really can't figure out what happened.
Old Jul 15, 2018, 12:00 am

Programs: VA-PLT, QF-GLD, DL-GM, UA-ex1K, AA-exPLT, HH-DM, IHG-PLT, MR-GLD
I gave some good advice (or at least tried!) and the OP just wants to argue semantics with everyone else. OK, well good luck you don't have a return ticket for your wife but keep arguing on the internet...
wrp96 and pvn like this.
Old Jul 15, 2018, 2:36 am

Programs: AC*SM, M&M SEN, BA Gold, DL Gold; Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Ben1989
flown in with Air Scandinavia into La Guardia and will be with us that night/morning.
Originally Posted by Ben1989
We travel a lot, there is absolutely no incompetence on our part.
Tricky to reconcile these two statements...
TerryK, HDQDD and nancypants like this.
Old Jul 15, 2018, 4:43 am

Originally Posted by UpgradeMe
Then you should have known that an infant ticket was needed and that you had not purchased one as of a week before your departure.

Also, SAS does not fly to LGA.
Do you know what Delta said? I'm pretty sure most of us can agree there is a good possibility Delta said that.
I doubt that not knowing SAS doesn't fly to LGA is "incompetence". I mean, do you know all the international flights to SJC?

But if you mean "incompetence" by trusting the Delta agent, then that is another story. Many of us on FT know more than the agents. Doesn't mean that if you don't you are "incompetent". I'd actually say the agent is incompetent.
jdrtravel and Ben1989 like this.
Old Jul 15, 2018, 5:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by s0ssos
........I doubt that not knowing SAS doesn't fly to LGA is "incompetence". I mean, do you know all the international flights to SJC?.......
LGA has small terminals without CBP facility. The only international flights to LGA are pre-cleared flights.
bawm, MSPeconomist, HDQDD and 1 others like this.
Old Jul 15, 2018, 6:43 am

sorry to hear about your experiences...... i agree with the other posters, leave the emotion out, keep it factual, seek what you want to be reasonably compensated for.... and wrap it up with some statement this ordeal was bad and from a customer service perspective, hopefully they can "make this right".

Also are there anything within EU261 that can help?
Old Jul 15, 2018, 6:51 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Originally Posted by global happy traveller
sorry to hear about your experiences...... i agree with the other posters, leave the emotion out, keep it factual, seek what you want to be reasonably compensated for.... and wrap it up with some statement this ordeal was bad and from a customer service perspective, hopefully they can "make this right".

Also are there anything within EU261 that can help?
Without knowing the exact details, without emotion and sarcasm, it is impossible to determine what happened here and thus impossible to say whether EC 261/2004 compensation, refund, or duty of care might help out.
Old Jul 15, 2018, 7:10 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
I’m still not sure what’s going on here. What was the original and final routings, on what airline and whose ticket stock? Part of my confusion comes from a quote in £ but a mention of CDG. What did the email confirmation from the ticketing airline say? Did it include the infant? Let’s start with that.
wxman22 likes this.

Last edited by LondonElite; Jul 15, 2018 at 7:37 am
Old Jul 15, 2018, 7:13 am

The story confuses me also. On most of these types of issues I find when the poster does not post a clear concise story with the relevant information there is more going on than posted. What should always be posted is how the ticket was booked. Date and original routing. Modifications by the airline or ticketed passengers.
Old Jul 15, 2018, 7:46 am

Programs: DL PM
Originally Posted by SJC ORD LDR
This story confuses me. I really can't figure out what happened.
Me either. I got lost when the OP stated that Delta changed his connecting from JFK to ATL and that change somehow made him want to change his final destination from PHL to EWR. Something is either getting lost in translation or some key parts of the story are missing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.