Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Entertainment System Out on 9 hour Flight - Delta Credits 5000 Bonus Miles?

Old Jun 24, 2018, 5:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta PM; Sheraton's Vistana BOD; SPG Gold

On a nine hour flight from PRG to JFK, the entertainment system was out. No movies, games, music... nada, nothing. Returning last night, Delta had already sent an email stating they were crediting 5000 bonus miles to our account. Is this a joke when they give you 2500 miles for a 20 minute baggage delay? Yes, I have written Delta with my unhappiness. Any idea what to expect?
Old Jun 24, 2018, 6:00 pm

Programs: Delta - PM, HH - Gold, SPG - Gold, Marriott - Plat
A form letter.
Old Jun 24, 2018, 6:18 pm

Programs: A few
Originally Posted by yogimax
On a nine hour flight from PRG to JFK, the entertainment system was out. No movies, games, music... nada, nothing. Returning last night, Delta had already sent an email stating they were crediting 5000 bonus miles to our account. Is this a joke when they give you 2500 miles for a 20 minute baggage delay? Yes, I have written Delta with my unhappiness. Any idea what to expect?
Seems low, a FA offered me 10,000 skymiles the other day when my meal in domestic F was delayed about 10 minutes due to an issue with the oven.

Edited to add: The offer was unprovoked, but she kept insisting, after I told her twice not to worry about it, she then asked my wife if she would enter our info into the little red iPad. I gave up after that...
DeltaAddict likes this.

Last edited by Loadmaster; Jun 24, 2018 at 6:25 pm
Old Jun 24, 2018, 6:27 pm

In-flight voucher for broken IFE, how long to post?
Old Jun 24, 2018, 6:27 pm

At one cent per mile that is $50 or just $5.55 per hour of misery.
Old Jun 24, 2018, 6:28 pm

Programs: Diamond Medallion, Titanium Elite, National Executive
I got 9k a few months back on my MSP->MSY when the internet was out on both flights. I just sent a note to the twitter team.
Old Jun 24, 2018, 9:05 pm

Programs: DL Silver, Avis President's Club, Hertz President's Circle, Global Entry (Former AA Plt/Gold)
Blech, if you had no backup entertainment, 5000 SM is pretty lame since I see your point about a 21 minute bag delivery being "worth" half of it. If it helps soften the blow, if you consider them a penny each, $50 buys you a Kindle Fire for next time.
Old Jun 24, 2018, 11:27 pm

Programs: DL , AC, BA, Hhonors Diamond, IH Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
My flight flew out, broke down, turned around, came back and debarked passengers, for a total of a 4 hour delay. I only got 5K.
Old Jun 25, 2018, 5:57 am

Programs: DL DM, UA Gold, Alaska MVP, Bonvoy (lol) Ambassador
Always assume that IFE will not work. If you are someone that needs mindless entertainment on a flight, load some movies on your laptop, phone, or tablet. This isn't 2004 where personal entertainment options were much more limited

5000 SkyMiles is very generous for a totally unnecessary feature.
hockeystl and stormlover like this.
Old Jun 25, 2018, 9:58 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ethernal
Blame the victim, eh?

"5000 miles is "very generous" for nine hours of non-entertainment? I will give you the benefit of the doubt and assume your response was meant to be sarcastic.
Seabilly and strickerj like this.

Last edited by yogimax; Jun 25, 2018 at 10:15 am
Old Jun 25, 2018, 10:07 am

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
Thanks for the laugh.
flyerCO, Chang11 and hi55us like this.
Old Jun 25, 2018, 11:25 am

Blame the victim, eh?

"5000 miles is "very generous" for nine hours of non-entertainment? I will give you the benefit of the doubt and assume your response was meant to be sarcastic.
I was being completely sincere. If you read my post history you'll see I'm no Delta apologist.

I've never understood IFE, especially in the day and age where everyone has their own personal devices already where you can read (or watch) whatever content you want. Sometimes I pull up the flight tracker but that's about the limit of my use of the IFE system. I'm always surprised at how much people seem to care about it.
stormlover and dalehill like this.
Old Jun 25, 2018, 11:34 am
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
I'm basically the same, I can't remember the last time I actually watched a movie on a plane, and I wouldn't really give two flips if they got rid of it, but at the same time I get that a lot of people look forward to it, in any case, 5k miles for inop IFE seems like an insult IMO.
SJC ORD LDR likes this.
Old Jun 25, 2018, 11:35 am
Original Poster

I've never understood IFE, especially in the day and age where everyone has their own personal devices already where you can read (or watch) whatever content you want.
You are making an assumption that "everyone" has their personal devices to use on flights. Absolutely not so! There are still many, many who depend on the inflight system.
Old Jun 25, 2018, 11:40 am

You are making an assumption that "everyone" has their personal devices to use on flights. Absolutely not so! There are still many, many who depend on the inflight system.
Are you implying that you don't have a phone, laptop, or tablet? I find that hard to believe.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.